STAR TREK 2d20
Page 95 of 98 First ... 45859394959697 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Vitality Lash from the Player Core doesn't have half damage on save.
    Thanks for reporting, we'll get that fixed in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is in respect to something different - having the same "thing" applied twice - i.e. the same spell cast twice, drinking the same "buff" potion, etc.. It's not, IMO, in relation to how damage would be applied within an individual ability.

What needs to be taken into account here is the wording of the ability. It's a little bit vague, and it could be interpreted either way - especially as "and" is used. EDIT: I really don't know if this ability should be applied twice if both flat-footed and poisoned, it's the use of "and" instead of "or" which is confusing, and the fact "an extra 1d6 precision damage" is used. I don't want to get into in-depth rules discussions around this. As discussed below, if you decide that this is one or the other, then that can't be automated and you'll need to handle it manually.

This could lead to correct multiple effects being removed, so I don't think this is the way forward.

Pathfinder 2 (the base rules, and the ruleset) has a built in method of not stacking bonuses (including damage), via the damage types: item, circumstance, status and proficiency. However, in this situation we can't use the bonus types, as the damage is essentially untyped.

There's not a way to code a Boolean OR clause for conditional effects. However, you can essentially code a Boolean AND clause, as the IF/IFT clauses need to match to continue processing the effect line.

I can't think of a way to implement this specific edge case in the current setup, you could add a third line: IFT: flat-footed; IFT: CUSTOM(poisoned); DMG: -1d6 precision which would roll an additional d6 and subtract it from the total if the target is both flat-footed and has the custom poisoned condition, but this would only work if it was exactly the same as one of the positive d6's rolled.
    Those are good points. I posted the following in the Paizo/rules discussion forum

If a Grippli Skirmisher has:
    Wily Attack The skirmisher deals an extra 1d6 precision damage to flat-footed creatures and creatures afflicted by a poison.

and also had
    Knife Fighter deals an additional 2d6 precision damage with weapons from the knife group, and knives gain the deadly d10 weapon property while she wields them.

and they used a knife to attack a target that was flat-footed and had a poison affliction

would they get 1d6 + 1d6 + 2d6 = 4d6 additional precision damage?

I need a Paizo official answer that I can share with the author of the Pathfinder 2 ruleset in Fantasy Grounds. We have been engaging in a discussion about this and he believes my 5th edition instincts to disallow stacking do not apply to precision damage in Pathfinder 2.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I need a Paizo official answer that I can share with the author of the Pathfinder 2 ruleset in Fantasy Grounds. We have been engaging in a discussion about this and he believes my 5th edition instincts to disallow stacking do not apply to precision damage in Pathfinder 2.
    It'll be interesting if you get an official answer regarding this specific grippli ability from the forums. But, in terms of precision damage stacking, that is definitely a thing (unless specific bonus types are used to control stacking) - hence why both of the ability examples you use mention "extra" and "additional".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, Trenloe is definitely correct here - the only question mark is whether Wily Attack can add 2d6 damage, or if it caps out at 1d6, because the wording is somewhat unclear.

Other then that, every source of precision damage I am aware of in 2e is untyped, and therefore stacks. If you are a multiclass ranger/rogue, the precision damage from your Hunt Prey ability absolutely stacks with the precision damage from your Sneak Attack ability.

One person on the Paizo forum offered advice about Wily Attack. Nobody so far has expressed an official opinion.

YuriP

Unless pointed to the opposite things stacks by default in PF2. The reason why we rarely see too much things stacking it's because most of them are well classified as item/bonus/circumstance or explicitly says that do not stack.

I want to point out in your above example that it wouldn't be 1d6+1d6+2d6

but it would be 1d6+2d6.

You don't apply the same ability (in this case Wily attack) twice simply just because you meet the condition for applying it multiple times.

The double application of Wily Attack is what is currently happening in the pathfinder 2 ruleset. So that is an outstanding bug. Since it is necessary to split the source phrase in the NPC sheet
    1d6 precision damage to flat-footed creatures and creatures [afflicted by a poison]
    into two separate CT lines as that is the only way to accomplish a logical OR.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Vitality Lash from the Player Core doesn't have half damage on save.
    This has been fixed with the update today: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post707514

Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    Player Core

Pages 421-423 are missing in the Reference Manual (Tactical Movement in the Ref Manual contains the part on Terrain from the pdf)
    This has been fixed in the update today: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post707514

Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Spacious Pouch in GM Core

The Spacious Pouches in GM Core module don't say how much bulk each one can hold.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfantasygrounds View Post
    The Spacious Pouches in GM Core module don't say how much bulk each one can hold.
    I've moved this post to the generic DLC issue reporting thread, which is a sticky thread at the top of the Pathfinder 2.0 forum and is the best place to report things like this.

Thanks for reporting the issue, we'll get that fixed in a future release.

Kingmaker

On the map "Stolen Lands 1", the pin for Varnhold links to "03.02.10.06. DS5. Varnhold". That story entry only contains the information for Varnhold "before the Vanishing", which does not contain the map of the village. Since GMs running hexploration are likely to go to this pin looking to pull up actual Varnhold when running that chapter, either the Stolen Lands 1 map should also have a pin to i.e. "07.02.03.03. Varnhold Features" or the former story entry should cross reference where to find the actual map of Varnhold.

-----

Also: Who is actually doing bugfixes on Kingmaker? Not to call someone out, but while researching this issue to report it, I notice a number of issues I reported in this thread months ago - such as the two-headed troll statblock missing information and Jamal Visser's image having an incorrect description - have still not been fixed. Most issues I report for other modules get patched pretty quickly but Kingmaker in particular seems to slip through the cracks. Is this thread not the correct place to report Kingmaker issues?

(Although now that I look at it, I notice that the issue of the Independent Brains ability missing from the Two-Headed Troll is actually present in the Bestiary 2 module as well, and I assume the one in Kingmaker was copied from there.)
    Last edited by MaxAstro; February 18th, 2024 at 23:45.

Thread Information