FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 93 of 98 First ... 43839192939495 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Which product(s) please?
    Sorry, Frostbite is in the Player Core 1 a replacement for the Ray of Frost cantrip. So I'm guessing it's both in the ORC module as well as the proper product module.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Sorry, Frostbite is in the Player Core 1 a replacement for the Ray of Frost cantrip. So I'm guessing it's both in the ORC module as well as the proper product module.
    Thanks! I'll get that fixed...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Abomination Vaults Module

Issue: It seems that all spellcasting NPC's have not had spells added to their records with any automation (spellcasting attack rolls, triggered saves, damage, effects, etc)

Examples: Canker Cultist, Nhakazarin, Jaul Mezmin, Volluk Azrinae

In "Burning Tundra", the 3rd book of Quest for the Frozen Flame, the stat blocks for Rhino Warriors have broken attack lines. It may be due to the fatal quality, but the attack modifier doesn't get added to the roll.

Bad code in Strength of Thousands AP 2 Spoken on the Song Wind for Grippli Skirmisher

Grippli Skirmishers rulebook text says:
    Wily Attack - The skirmisher deals an extra 1d6 precision damage to flat-footed creatures and creatures afflicted by a poison.

The module automation for Wily Attack says:
    "afflicted by a poison"|Effect: Poisoned
    PermEffect:IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision
    PermEffect:IFT: poisoned; DMG: d6 precision

poisoned is not a rulebook condition. If you use this code it breaks breaks RPGPF2 sometimes causing double precision damage, missing precision damage or misfired precision damage.

The baneback poison code assigns the condition poisoned to the target

"Fortitude DC 21"|Save: Fortitude[DC:21]
    "Maximum Duration 6 rounds"|Effect: Baneback Poison; Poisoned[D:6]
    "Stage 1"|Effect: Stage 1 - 1d4 poison damage and stupefied 1 (1 round)
    "1d4 poison damage"|Damage: 1d4 poison
    "stupefied 1"|Effect: Stupefied: 1[D:1]
    "Stage 2"|Effect: Stage 2 - 2d4 poison damage and stupefied 2 (1 round)
    "2d4 poison damage"|Damage: 2d4 poison
    "stupefied 2"|Effect: Stupefied: 2[D:1]
    "Stage 3"|Effect: Stage 3 - 2d4 poison damage, stupefied 3, and flat-footed (1 round)
    "stupefied 3, and flat-footed"|Effect: Stupefied: 3; Flat-footed[D:1]

If that is intended as a custom condition then the Wily Attack code should be changed to:
    "afflicted by a poison"|Effect: Poisoned
    PermEffect:IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision
    PermEffect:IFT: CUSTOM(poisoned); DMG: d6 precision

That does not work properly either because it increases damage both for weapon attacks and for the affliction 2d4 damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by webdove; February 1st, 2024 at 02:41.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    That does not work properly either because it increases damage both for weapon attacks and for the affliction 2d4 damage.
    I could be misremembering, but I think you can dodge this by adding the "melee" trait to the damage line. In other words "DMG: 1d4 precision, melee" will only match melee attacks, which the affliction will (assumedly?) not be. If you need it to apply to ranged attacks as well, it should have a separate "DMG: 1d4 precision, ranged" effect.

That works!
    IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 melee, ranged, precision; IFT: CUSTOM(poisoned); DMG: 1d6 melee, ranged, precision

Unfortunately PFRPG2 parses the automation into a single effect line. That works for most things, but breaks with IFT statements since the first one that fails cancels the remainder of the line. I just mentioned this to Trenloe in the Release 19 channel. Hopefully the parser can be fixed to allow multi-line NPC PermEffect automation.

BTW, If I enable both flat-footed and poisoned I get double precision damage. It that correct according to PF2 rules?

I have a wizard archetype question (playing Strength of thousands). Various 6th level non-wizards took the free wizard archetype at level 2. They have spells and in the actions tab they are assigned under "Wizard Spellcasting" with an associated character level (CL). The CLs range from 3 to 6 and there is no way to edit them.
    What should their Wizard Archetype Character Levels be?

I cannot find anything in the rules that states that the architype character level is different from the character level which makes me think this is a FG glitch.
    Last edited by webdove; February 1st, 2024 at 22:41.

I have a wizard archetype question (playing Strength of thousands). Various 6th level non-wizards took the free wizard archetype at level 2. They have spells and in the actions tab they are assigned under "Wizard Spellcasting" with an associated character level (CL). The CLs range from 3 to 6 and there is no way to edit them.
    What should their Wizard Archetype Character Levels be?

I cannot find anything in the rules that states that the architype character level is different from the character level which makes me think this is a FG glitch.
    Character level should always be equal to character level, yes, but for what I assume are compatibility reasons Fantasy Grounds does not automatically advance character level for archetype spell classes or manually added spell classes.

You should be able to edit the character level by just clicking on it and typing a new character level, but you may need to unlock the spell page for editing first (pen symbol in the lower right of the actions tab).

BTW, If I enable both flat-footed and poisoned I get double precision damage. It that correct according to PF2 rules?
    What does the ability the effects are related to say?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information