STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 98 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Thane View Post
    The name of the product: AP1 Hellknight Hill and perhaps the Core system.
    The issue: Magical weapons dispersed from the AP have the trait 'Magical' included, as well as weapons from the core rules. The NPCs (Greater Barghest in this case) have the resistance '!magic'. As I look closer, this appears to be all magic weapons having 'magical' and all npcs having '!magic' - at least the few I looked at.
    The name of the sections/objects impacted Possibly all weapons having Magical as a trait and all NPCs having !magic.
    Could be fixed by changing all weapons to have the trait 'magic'.
    Two things here:
    1) A Trait is a very specific thing in Pathfinder Second Edition. Magical is a trait, "magic" is not - see page 633 of the core rules, or double click on the trait name in FG:
    magical (trait) Something with the magical trait is imbued with magical energies not tied to a specific tradition of magic. A magical item radiates a magic aura infused with its dominant school of magic.
    The Magical trait comes directly from the potency rune etched on the weapon - see page 581 of the Core Rules.

The weapon traits aren't directly used for damage resistance. The weapon traits that are used are listed in the Wiki -> User Guide -> PFRPG2 -> Item sheet: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...m_Sheet#Traits

2) For resistance it's the weapon damage type set once added to a PC sheet. See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._Sheet#Weapons - the "magic" damage type is added to the damage types of a weapon if it has a potency rune (bonus of +1 or greater) and (in ruleset release 12) if the weapon has a striking property.

See this screenshot for an example:

1 - When the +1 greatsword is added to the PC the Bonus field in the weapon record is +1 and the FG code reads this and adds the "magic" damage type to the weapon. This will only appear if the weapon has been identified.
    2 - When damage is rolled against a creature the damage types are shown (in this case "magic") the this is used to avoid the damage resistance the creature has (based off the "!magic" information in the creature's effects in the combat tracker.
    3 - if damage without the "magic" damage type is done, the resistance is applied.

I hope this helps to clarify the difference between the "Magical" trait and the "magic" damage type. And as such, the weapon entries in the AP are correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 9th, 2019 at 10:50.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Odd is all I can say then.

I just went through all of the player's sheets and changed magical to magic damage type on five weapons. No idea why they populated with that damage type at this point. Trust me, the players will be watching as the Greater Bhargest in AP1 almost wiped them due to the unknown (at the time) immunity he had acquired.

Thanks for clarifying.
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

This was updated in release 10. See the release notes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...racking-thread
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Excellent! Thanks for the information. My player's will be happy to hear this.
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

Name: Age of Ashes - Cult of Cinders (AP)
    Issue: Elite Nessian Warhound under spells tab has incorrect saving throw listed under its breath weapon. Listed as Fort should be Reflex
    Map: The Fortress of Sorrows
    Room: C5 - Kitchen
    Story Entry: 5.02.06. B9. Lounge [Moderate 8]
    Encounter: 5.02.06. Encounter: Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Name: Age of Ashes - Cult of Cinders (AP)
    Issue: Elite Nessian Warhound under spells tab has incorrect saving throw listed under its breath weapon. Listed as Fort should be Reflex
    Map: The Fortress of Sorrows
    Room: C5 - Kitchen
    Story Entry: 5.02.06. B9. Lounge [Moderate 8]
    Encounter: 5.02.06. Encounter: Kitchen
    Thanks for reporting this. It is too late to get it in today's update (as it has already happened) but I will fix it for next week's update.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Name: Age of Ashes - Hellknight Hill (AP)
    Issue: The +1 Returning Striking Starknife should have a second damage die from the Striking rune, but it just has one damage die in FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillion View Post
    Name: Age of Ashes - Hellknight Hill (AP)
    Issue: The +1 Returning Striking Starknife should have a second damage die from the Striking rune, but it just has one damage die in FG.
    Thanks for reporting. It needs "Striking" adding to the weapon properties. Hopefully sciencephile will pick this up soon...

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Hellknight Hill B5. East Armory

Pib and Zarf are Creature 2 at level 2 are worth 80XP so the encounter window is correct

However the XP award if they do not defeat but instead 'secure the kobolds help' should be 80XP as if they had defeating the creatures plus an additional award of 30XP. That totals 110XP, but 150XP is being awarded.

30XP is proper amount for moderate quest associated with a moderate encounter.
    The quest has been fixed to reflect 110 xp instead of 150 xp. You should see the fix after next update.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for reporting. It needs "Striking" adding to the weapon properties. Hopefully sciencephile will pick this up soon...
    Yep, thanks. I fixed it and you should see the fix after next update.

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information