STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 97 First ... 3644454647485696 ... Last
    The Ghost Chandriu Invisar from Abomination Vaults Level 3, is missing her double resistance vs non magical damage in the combat tracker and also it says "non?magical in the description.
    Ghost.jpg

Name: Agents of Edgewatch Part 1 - Player's Resource
    Issue: Massive adventure spoiler visible to players

Unfortunately the Weapon Reaper's Lancet is visible to players via this module, including all of it's spoilery text about the adventure's main villain. All of this is accessible to players in the reference manual in the "Criminal Contraband" section, and the item is also accessible via the ITEMS window (although unidentified at first).

As the reference manual entry spoils a lot of this adventure I'm asking if it might perhaps be better to remove this item completly from the Player's Resource module. Thanks for considering.

Hi Zaister,

This isn't one of mine. Otherwise I would do a quick fix for you. While waiting for an official fix, I would recommend that you go to the Data Module Activation and drag the red x icon over to the AoE AP 1 Player's Resource to block player load of this resource. That will at least give you an interim solution

Hope this helps in the meantime,
    Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Yeah, I guess I will. Although we need the nightstick and handcuffs, but I guess I can share them from the normal adventure module.

Abomination Vaults, Hands of the Devil, room 1.20.B24

The secret door in this room is missing.

The player guide, reference manual in Extinction Curse AP1 blows up when trying to look at the circus tricks and doesn't display anything. I am on a player side atm so cannot check the GM side reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    The player guide, reference manual in Extinction Curse AP1 blows up when trying to look at the circus tricks and doesn't display anything. I am on a player side atm so cannot check the GM side reference.
    hi emsdev,

I am unable to replicate the error on my end. I glanced at the logs and don't see anything obvious. I see you don't have any extensions open other than the wizard's desk. The logs indicate that it is a problem with the reference manual script. While it is possible that something in the module could trigger it, I cannot seem to replicate that.

What I would suggest as a first step is to restart FGU and make sure to do an update. Even if it doesn't say it needs it, you can always hit the button and force it to check. I would also create a new campaign file and load the module within it and see if the problem still exists or not. Maybe try opening it without any extensions open (including the wizard's desk theme), just to start to see if you can replicate the issue again.

If the problem still exists, then you might have to escalate to the SmiteWorks customer support team as I cannot find an obvious module cause and cannot replicate the issue.

Cheers,
    Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    hi emsdev,

I am unable to replicate the error on my end. I glanced at the logs and don't see anything obvious. I see you don't have any extensions open other than the wizard's desk. The logs indicate that it is a problem with the reference manual script. While it is possible that something in the module could trigger it, I cannot seem to replicate that.

What I would suggest as a first step is to restart FGU and make sure to do an update. Even if it doesn't say it needs it, you can always hit the button and force it to check. I would also create a new campaign file and load the module within it and see if the problem still exists or not. Maybe try opening it without any extensions open (including the wizard's desk theme), just to start to see if you can replicate the issue again.

If the problem still exists, then you might have to escalate to the SmiteWorks customer support team as I cannot find an obvious module cause and cannot replicate the issue.

Cheers,
    Danny
    Hi.

It appears to be the wizard theme. I removed it and now everything is working great.

Now that you got it working, I would try restarting with the wizard theme enabled this time to see if it fails again or is okay. It might have been a fluke with the software load and not the actual theme that was causing anything. I was unable to replicate the error, even with the wizard theme enabled.

I have seen it lots of times with different software (and even Windows) where something doesn't load right and must be restarted to work correctly. It happens, though thankfully not very often.

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Now that you got it working, I would try restarting with the wizard theme enabled this time to see if it fails again or is okay. It might have been a fluke with the software load and not the actual theme that was causing anything. I was unable to replicate the error, even with the wizard theme enabled.

I have seen it lots of times with different software (and even Windows) where something doesn't load right and must be restarted to work correctly. It happens, though thankfully not very often.
    Yep, that seemed to work. I guess maybe FG needs to set something up before it can use a theme or something. Either way, it works which is nifty keen!

Thread Information