STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 99 First ... 917181920212969 ... Last
    Age of Ashes
    Book 2: Cult of Cinders

There doesn't appear to be any encounter listing for the Cinderclaw Patrols mentioned on page 28.

Quote Originally Posted by adamdane View Post
    Age of Ashes
    Book 2: Cult of Cinders

There doesn't appear to be any encounter listing for the Cinderclaw Patrols mentioned on page 28.
    Thanks for reporting. Sometimes these things slip by when they are not called out by the adventure very well (and only mentioned in passing as it was in this module). I added an encounter record for the patrol and placed the patrol on one of the jungle maps for convenience.

This should be in the TEST environment by tomorrow and will be pushed into the LIVE environment the Tuesday after tomorrow (11/10/2020).
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Name: The Slithering
    Issue: The Basilisks have the wrong initiative
    Impacted: Encounter 2.18.10. B8. Reflection Room
    Fix: Replace them with one from the Bestiary
    “He says gods like having an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Issue: The Basilisks have the wrong initiative
    Impacted: Encounter 2.18.10. B8. Reflection Room
    Fix: Replace them with one from the Bestiary
    Thanks for the heads up. Fixed and checked in. Will likely be in the TEST environment today and will go into the LIVE environment update on Tuesday 11/10/2020.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Another Stat block issue from last nights game of Age of Ashes 4: Fires of the haunted city

in the encounter G1 Sanctum Entrance the Lazurite-Infused Stone Golem is missing its vulnerable to Stone to flesh.
    Also I can't see entry for Resistance physical 10 although strangely the messages in the chat window said it was working ok
    Last edited by hawkwind; November 12th, 2020 at 16:55.

Issue: Several items, images and maps have the wrong item not identified name
    Impacted: All items with +1; Boots of Elvenkind; Bracers of Armor, Type I; Diplomat's Badge; Moonlit Chain; Rod of Wonder; Scroll of Nondetection; Traveler's Any-Tool; Dust of Appearance; Iron Cube; Feather Token, Fan; Murderer's Knot
    Fix: remove Magical from not identified name

Impacted: Barkskin Potion; Healing Potion, moderate;
    Potion of Acid Resistance, lesser; Potion of Quickness; Salve of Antiparalysis;
    Fix: rename to unknown alchemical item

Impacted: Darkwood Music Box
    Fix: rename to Small Wooden Box

Impacted: Image: Wand of Teeming Ghosts; Map: Redcap Parade Map; Map: Rain of Ooze Map; Image: Kibwe Gazetteer Opener; Map: Irate Dinosaur Map; Map: Haunted Campsite Map; Map: Hidden Bridge Map;
    Fix: rename to more innocuous sounding names. E.g. Rain of Ooze Map to Kibwe Market Street

Impacted: Image:Cursebreaker
    Fix: Cursebreaker

You wouldn't believe my player's reaction when I opened the map Haunted Campsite.
    It took a ton of discipline from them to ignore that.. :-)
    Last edited by Farnaby; November 14th, 2020 at 13:04. Reason: speeling is hard

Issue:
    The item Red Cap has no description
    Impacted:
    Red Cap
    Fix: Use the description from the Bestiary Redcap

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Issue: Several items, images and maps have the wrong item not identified name
    Impacted: All items with +1; Boots of Elvenkind; Bracers of Armor, Type I; Diplomat's Badge; Moonlit Chain; Rod of Wonder; Scroll of Nondetection; Traveler's Any-Tool; Dust of Appearance; Iron Cube; Feather Token, Fan; Murderer's Knot
    Fix: remove Magical from not identified name

Impacted: Barkskin Potion; Healing Potion, moderate;
    Potion of Acid Resistance, lesser; Potion of Quickness; Salve of Antiparalysis;
    Fix: rename to unknown alchemical item

Impacted: Darkwood Music Box
    Fix: rename to Small Wooden Box

Impacted: Image: Wand of Teeming Ghosts; Map: Redcap Parade Map; Map: Rain of Ooze Map; Image: Kibwe Gazetteer Opener; Map: Irate Dinosaur Map; Map: Haunted Campsite Map; Map: Hidden Bridge Map;
    Fix: rename to more innocuous sounding names. E.g. Rain of Ooze Map to Kibwe Market Street

Impacted: Image:Cursebreaker
    Fix: Cursebreaker

You wouldn't believe my player's reaction when I opened the map Haunted Campsite.
    It took a ton of discipline from them to ignore that.. :-)
    I'm not sure that I would classify this as a "bug" so much as a style difference between GMs. You obviously don't want your players to be able to tell the difference between a magical quality breastplate and a normal non-magical breastplate, for instance. Nor do you want them to recognize darkwood as being a different wood than normal wood. Some GMs will argue for their games, the differences are obvious, even if they cannot identify the specific magical nature.

I would also argue that the mere fact that a breastplate, for example, is "not identified" and missing most of its information due to being in a "not identified" state will clue in 99.9% of players that that item is not truly a mundane breastplate. They will then just cast the Detect Magic cantrip to see that it is magical.

Given that this is a style thing, if it is changed, there is a good chance that one or more people will report it as a problem to change it back. I can see some GM's and players then being upset that not distinguishing the "not identified" magic items may be harder to see in the party list because they are not tagged (or the GMs will have to go to the extra trouble of then writing "magical" in front of the item. So, as you can see, that can go both ways depending on the GM who runs the game.

I'll kick it around with the team to see which direction makes most sense: changing it as you suggested, or keeping it consistent with the previous standard that was used for all AP modules.

In any case, the point is made about the images and I'll change the names to be a bit more generic. It won't make it to the live environment for a couple of weeks so you will need to change it in your game before showing your players in the meantime.
    Last edited by sciencephile; November 14th, 2020 at 16:50.

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Another Stat block issue from last nights game of Age of Ashes 4: Fires of the haunted city

in the encounter G1 Sanctum Entrance the Lazurite-Infused Stone Golem is missing its vulnerable to Stone to flesh.
    Also I can't see entry for Resistance physical 10 although strangely the messages in the chat window said it was working ok
    Thanks for reporting. This has been fixed and checked in. It should be in the TEST environment on Monday and will be pushed LIVE on Tuesday, 11/24.

Ultimate License Holder

sciencephie: It is an interesting discussion, though, isn't it? For the Agents series, I designate literally everything as unidentified, perhaps even to the opposite extreme. Even most items that have no magic counterpart I set as unidentified. So finding a child's stuffed animal or hairclip might come with the mystery of what could that be?

I don't think there's a right or wrong way because I know there are GMs out here who don't like having everything unidentified (I do the same with all creatures, creating short unidentified labels for them). I think we just do the best we can and let individual GMs adjust as they see fit.

I will say, though, that map/image names are well pointed out. It is quite possible for them to reveal spoilers that are unintended.

PS: Doing all the automation for creatures reminds me, too, that it's hard to come up with an perfect way. We can just give our best effort and go from there. I know a few methods for that I've come to adjust based on suggestions. And that's not even addressing the sheer volume of requests that Trenloe has to deal with from me and others wanting is a certain way
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information