STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 97 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Age of Ashes Hell Knight Hell the treasure parcel for 3.11.A7. Pantry is awarding a Standard-Grade Silver Dagger (lvl 10)

Also the extra value is per bulk, and this is a light weapon so it should only have a tenth the extra value.

The adventure text only says silver knife (dagger), and this is a Level 1 room so it should not be such a strong treasure and should instead be a Low-Grade Silver Dagger (lvl 2) worth 40gp plus 4sp for light bulk.

The Silver Dagger are missing the silver damage type

I can also see in the items table that the next book Cult of Cinders is also awarding standard grade dagger, its quality level also needs checked against the level awarded.
    I went through and modified all the Age of Ashes adventures and Fall of Plaguestone to make sure their damage types had silver/cold iron so damage should work correctly now. I also changed the standard-grade silver/cold iron items to low-grade (I found that James Jacobs of Paizo confirmed their mistake with the original content on the Paizo forum). The updated has been submitted and will be out soon (hopefully on Tuesday's update).
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I just purchased books 2, 3, and 4 of Age of Ashes and added them my campaign. Unfortunately, the new skill feats introduced as player options in book 3 do not seem to be showing up. I can see the book 4 feats just fine, and all the modules including the book 3 player options show as loaded, but no book 3 feats.
    Hi MaxAstro,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The feats, spells, etc. can be found by clicking on the reference button (they are references). I did refactor all the Age of Ashes modules to make sure feats, backgrounds, and spells were also obtainable from the standard non-reference buttons (feats, background, spells), as well. I checked in these changes and the modules should be updated soon (hopefully on Tuesday's update).

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Hellknight Hill Bestiary Skeleton Guards

The adventure calls out the CRB skeletons

https://2e.aonprd.com/MonsterFamilies.aspx?ID=92

Seems each skeleton is supposed to freely chose a skeleton ability, as it is not in any skeletons stat block.

"Most skeletons have one of these abilities. If you give a skeleton more, you might want to increase its level and adjust its statistics."

Hellknight Hill Bestiary Skeleton Guards

The adventure calls out the CRB skeletons

https://2e.aonprd.com/MonsterFamilies.aspx?ID=92

Seems each skeleton is supposed to freely chose a skeleton ability, as it is not in any skeletons stat block.

"Most skeletons have one of these abilities. If you give a skeleton more, you might want to increase its level and adjust its statistics."
    As the adventure itself doesn’t say there are any special abilities then it’s debatable if the skeleton guards have any particular special abilities. When I ran it it I didn’t give the skeletons any special abilities as I believe that is the intent of the adventure as written.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I read that as skeletons have at least one of these abilities, so the second sentence qualifies to level it up in that case that it has more. The most skeletons the first sentence is referring to are those that do not have two or more abilities.

That is what is unique for PF2e is everything monster has an ability, they just gave skeletons flexibility in what that is.
    Last edited by yarnevk; December 1st, 2019 at 02:06.

The adventure doesn't state any special abilities for the skeletons. "Most" is not *all*. As an example, in the encounter in B13 (that has some of the skeletons you mention) it also has a full statblock for a unique skeleton that doesn't have any of "one of [those] special abilities" - so it's most certainly not a case of *all* skeleton have one of those abilities.

If you want to add some of those abilities in your game then go for it. But the adventure does not state any changes to the standard skeleton guard bestiary statblock, so the standard statblock is what is included in the FG conversion.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 1st, 2019 at 02:33.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hellknight Hill 4.05.02. B2. War Room

"The soulbound doll is lawful evil and speaks only Infernal"

The soulbound doll linked has been customized to be lawful evil by using the 'chilling darkness' spell, but was not customized to give it only Infernal language.

Hellknight Hill 4.05.02. B2. War Room

"The soulbound doll is lawful evil and speaks only Infernal"

The soulbound doll linked has been customized to be lawful evil by using the 'chilling darkness' spell, but was not customized to give it only Infernal language.
    Thanks for reporting the issue. I fixed it. It will likely be in production after next week's update.

Ultimate License Holder

Hellknight Hill B5. East Armory

Pib and Zarf are Creature 2 at level 2 are worth 80XP so the encounter window is correct

However the XP award if they do not defeat but instead 'secure the kobolds help' should be 80XP as if they had defeating the creatures plus an additional award of 30XP. That totals 110XP, but 150XP is being awarded.

30XP is proper amount for moderate quest associated with a moderate encounter.

The name of the product: AP1 Hellknight Hill and perhaps the Core system.
    The issue: Magical weapons dispersed from the AP have the trait 'Magical' included, as well as weapons from the core rules. The NPCs (Greater Barghest in this case) have the resistance '!magic'. As I look closer, this appears to be all magic weapons having 'magical' and all npcs having '!magic' - at least the few I looked at.
    The name of the sections/objects impacted Possibly all weapons having Magical as a trait and all NPCs having !magic.
    Could be fixed by changing all weapons to have the trait 'magic'.
    magic magical example.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

Thread Information