FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Translate a Module

Hi if its in the wrong sub forum, Pls Move.
    To Explain what i Mean, Im from Germany, and my Englisch is not good enough, zu Lead a Game in English, so I bought the English Path for the Adventures i want to play. I Try to translate it with deepl or buyed the German Translation, so i can fill in the German Language in the Modul Parts. Today i figured out, that every Adventury is in "Read Only" Mode. Is there a Way, that story can be eddited, aggain ?? Or is there only the way to coppy every Part of the Story??
    Locked.png

For Example: a Translated Campain for my Players and me.
    Only the Story is Changed to Simple
    Last edited by Birger Tucholski; May 2nd, 2024 at 17:50.
    Text Translated by Deepl ;-)

You can copy an item from Story just by dragging and dropping and that one will be editable. However, I prefer to make a new book (click on the menu Books and then on Campaign) and copy the content from another book by clicking on 'Copy Record Content'. Example.jpg

yes that ist the Hardest Way for me to do that, because i have to Copy every entry in the Story Part, and organisate it like the Original. Hope its only a Problem with 7 Dooms for Sandpoint. I Think the Module is exportet in "Read only" Mode

I tried it it ist doesen´t work good for me. I Coppyed the first chapter then i Translated it, and after that i have to replace ever pin in every Map. I thought it was only on the newest Releases but i Tryed a lot of releases. So many are "Read Only"

Adventures should not be read only; only core rulebooks. Which adventure are you trying to edit that has read only records? If you edit the entry directly, you shouldn't have to re-place pins.

Regards,
    JPG

OK I loaded every Adventure Pathe i Owned, The Good News a lot of it i can edit. the AP that are Read Only are:

Abdomination Vault 1 - 3
    Season Of Ghosts 1
    Seven Dooms for Sandpoint Klappt nicht.png Klappt nicht 2.png
    Sky Kings Tomb 2
    Sky Kings Tomb 3

Agends of Edgewatch ist only Editable in (Campain>Story) Sidebar

I Created a New Campain No Addons Loaded

Klappt.png
    Klappt 2.png
    Übersicht.png

Quote Originally Posted by Birger Tucholski View Post
    OK I loaded every Adventure Pathe i Owned, The Good News a lot of it i can edit. the AP that are Read Only are:

Abdomination Vault 1 - 3
    Season Of Ghosts 1
    Seven Dooms for Sandpoint Klappt nicht.png Klappt nicht 2.png
    Sky Kings Tomb 2
    Sky Kings Tomb 3

Agends of Edgewatch ist only Editable in (Campain>Story) Sidebar

I Created a New Campain No Addons Loaded

Klappt.png
    Klappt 2.png
    Übersicht.png
    To clarify - is this just Reference Manual/Advanced Story entries? Or other record types?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I Try out the Modules ;
    Abomination Vault 1-3 Spells are Locked in Modules.
    Seven Dooms and Season of Ghosts and Sky King : Only Reference Manual and Story are Locked
    If Creature Abilities are in the Module they are Locked (It´s Fine for me)
    Last edited by Birger Tucholski; May 7th, 2024 at 21:58.

Abomination Vault 1-3 Spells are Locked in Modules.
    I'd agree with this, as these are base rules components. Just as spells are locked in the core rules. When spells are in use (i.e. when they've been added to a PC or NPC) they can be edited within the character sheet.

Seven Dooms and Season of Ghosts and Sky King : Only Reference Manual and Story are Locked
    I'll work with the product converter to fix this.

If Creature Abilities are in the Module they are Locked (It´s Fine for me)
    Same as for spells, these are base ruleset abilities.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information