DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 97 First ... 2533343536374585 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago95 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I ran the one-shot this past Saturday and the doors in area A2 (dining room) on the North and South walls won't open when clicked on. I had to edit the map and remove the doors so my players could explore those areas.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

I've moved your post to the Pathfinder Second Edition - generic DLC issue thread, as this is the best place to report issues with the PF2 DLC products.

Thanks for reporting, the dev will give feedback on this issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Drago95 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I ran the one-shot this past Saturday and the doors in area A2 (dining room) on the North and South walls won't open when clicked on. I had to edit the map and remove the doors so my players could explore those areas.
    They appear to be locked (as per the room description, "All of the doors leading to the north and south are locked"). Have you tried shift+click once the players defeat the lock and then let your players open them? It seems to work OK for me.

Ah-ha! I knew I must be doing something wrong. I didn't realize that you needed to do a shift+click to unlock them. This program is awesome, but so many things to learn! I'll give that a try. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Ruins of Gauntlight, 3rd floor, area C15.

Would be nice to have a hazard or something for the, well, hazard in this room, even though it isn't a "Hazard" in the technical sense. Lots of reflex saves and damage/healing to throw around on this fight. Also, the ghouls are identified by default, not sure if that is intentional. EDIT: Nevermind on the ghouls, I think I was mistaken.

Also, 2nd floor, area B30's treasure parcel, all the items are identified by default.
    Thanks, Max. I'll take a look at the associated areas to see if I can update those.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I've encountered a problem in Pathfinder Adventure Path Age of Ashes, Part 3: Tomorrow Must Burn tonight.

Room J11 in the quarry slowed my system and those of my players to a crawl – it became next to non-responsive at times even. I was able to identify the problem as being the LOS occluders for the three cages in that room. Once you bring multiple light sources into the room, these occluders (48 altogether) and their shadows take up so much processing power that the game grinds to a halt. And my computer isn't slow or old. Once I identified the problem, I removed these occuders and then evrything was fine.

I guess the module was fine with only LOS, but now that light sources come into play, the setup of this rooms should probably. be reevaluated.

I know the devs are constantly working on the system to improve performance with dynamic lighting. That being said, I hear you. I didn't create the occluders - they were created by a community user before dynamic lighting was a thing. I went ahead and deleted the occluders for the cage bars for that map and submitted it for a hotfix to get it into LIVE asap.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Hey sciencephile: What did you decide to do with that? I bet I have a few LOS areas with multiple items. As cool as it is to have bars casts shadows, create small LOS blockages, my thought is that from a practical point of view, those might be better of just being Windows now. I would think that would cover being able to see through while not allowing PCs to walk through bars.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I agree with the coolness factor. At this point, however, there is enough reports of processing power issues I have heard that I just left the caged bars as open (no windows either). There is a point where a GM has to tell his own players, "hey, you can't go in there". I figure these small cages is an easy enough one to just tell players they can't go in, rather than the system enforcing it for the GM. Windows might be okay in a case like this but they would add a few more occluders to it. Plus, if we add window occluders to prevent people from walking through the cages, do we also put window occluders across tables to prevent people from walking across those too? It's another reason why I use sparingly - to fit the most obvious cases (like doors, windows, etc.) and not so much the ones where it might be questionable and dependent on the GM. I do put windows when it is an obvious cell door or a portcullis, but these appear to be cage boxes.

In time, when these sorts of issues go away, I think we can address things like this for potential "nice-to-have" improvements but for now, I'm trying to be a bit more sparingly on the "nice-to-haves" in order for the necessary LOS occluders to still work and not cause extra bug reports.

Honestly, I think it depends on the map so this viewpoint sometimes changes. When a map has very few occluders, then I tend to leave in the extras (like the cage bars). When there is a lot of occluders, like with this map, I think it best to minimize the extra occluders. I don't know what the magic number is so it's really just a judgement call.

It's a bit of a balancing act at times but that's the nature of new technology. Things get worked out in time and it is easy enough to add them back in once this issue becomes a thing of the past. They always do so I'm not terribly worried.
    Last edited by sciencephile; June 12th, 2021 at 21:59.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Ah! I was thinking sort of prison cages, etc. It's a tough juggling act with allowing freedom of movement to give that extra immersive feel and keeping some reigns held to prevent accidental reveals.

The LOS inclusion with FGU was an exciting selling point for us here. Having players lose sight of each other as they turn corners or go behind obstacles is fun for them. Puts them right into their characters. With lighting arriving, it adds even more depth.

Unfortunately, there are some growing pains in this process, but I expect those will ease over time as you said. In the mean time, I am always looking for the best approaches and love getting insight from others tackling these issues and especially feedback from the players delving into these adventures as it helps me evolve as a developer.

Got the APG today and found two small errors.

Feat:
    - Elite Dracomancer: "Choose one 3rd?level..." -> should be 3rd-level

Ancestries:
    - Kobold -> Draconic Exemplar: The heading of the third column reads "Breath Weapon Shape" but should be probably something like "Breath Weapon Damage Type".

Thread Information