FG Spreadshirt Swag

Weapon Specialization Class Feature

We have noted that Weapon Specialization does not add the extra damage automatically. The Class Feature does show some automation:
    Code:
    [EFFECT DMG: 2 expert; DMG: 3 master; DMG: 4 legendary]
    Also, if I add those effects on the Combat tab under Character Effects then the only one that actually works is
    Code:
    DMG: 3 master
    . If someone is either Expert or Legendary the damage is not applied.

The automation code is missing the effect type - it should be [EFFECT char ... Thanks for letting use know about this issue, we'll fix this in a future release.

Otherwise, the code works fine for me when applied as a character effect - see the example screenshot below. The effect code looks at the proficiency applied within the weapon entry in the actions tab - check that this is showing the correct proficiency.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is this right:
    Code:
    [EFFECT char DMG: 2 expert; DMG: 3 master; DMG: 4 legendary]
    I'm still having issues. The same effect is applied to two characters with that class ability. One is an Expert and one is a Master (see graphic). The only one that works properly is Master. If I bump up the Expert to Master, then the effect works. If I bump either to Legendary, it also does not work.

I have even tried using
    Code:
    [EFFECT char DMG: 2 expert]
    , but even that does not work.

I created a new campaign and imported these characters from my main one and have no other mods or extensions loaded.

Last edited by Stargrove; April 6th, 2024 at 17:26.

I think he meant that the Feat should have said [EFFECT char...

If you put it in the combat tab under Character effects yourself it should just be DMG: 2 expert; DMG: 3 master; DMG: 4 legendary the end bracket was breaking the legendary part and the words [EFFECT char was breaking the expert so that only master was working as it was separated with the semicolon.

It seems to yield the same inconsistent results.

You removed the brackets, too?

weapon spec.jpg

Should look like this on combat tab.
    Last edited by Darkrite; April 7th, 2024 at 00:32. Reason: added image

Yes, with no brackets, and it still does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Yes, with no brackets, and it still does not work.
    Assuming this PC is in the Combat Tracker: as the GM click the PC button in the combat tracker for this PC, which will show the character effects. Then try rolling damage again for this PC. If it still doesn't work then please provide a screenshot of the character effects shown in the combat tracker, and the resulting damage in chat.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is odd, because it is working now.

This is what is on the Combat tab under the Character Effects:
    Code:
    DMG: 2 expert; DMG: 3 master; DMG: 4 legendary
    Thanks everyone for the help.

Thread Information