DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    How does this extension even work in Classic when the "extension.lua" has a typo in exactly the part that Unity fails to work with?

"<script name="shieldadd" file="scripts/char_weapondd.lua" /> -->"

Notice how it says weapondd instead of weaponAdd?! Unfortunately fixing the typo does not fix the error in Unity, so I suspect that some Classic internal weaponadd script is called instead?

Now it works in FGC and FGU

So, while running my campaign tonight we came across the issue of how to track damage to shields and so I came here looking for an extension because I figured there must be one. I tried the original one included in this thread and found that it did not work properly in FGU but that it does work in FGC. I would never admit to being able to program my way out of a paper bag but I was able to figure out why it does not work in FGU.

Based on my limited knowledge of LUA and extensions in general it seems that FGU wants to see paths in front of calls/references (I don't know if either is the right terminology) to .lua files. There is an XML file located in the 'campaign' directory of the extension called 'record_char_actions.xml' that calls/references a file called 'char_weaponadd.lua' which is located in the 'scripts' folder of the extension.

record_char_actions.xml (Line 10) Before:
    Code:
    <script file="char_weaponadd.lua" />
    record_char_actions.xml (Line 10) After:
    Code:
    <script file="scripts\char_weaponadd.lua" />
    I made this change and now the extension works in FGU and still works properly in FGC. Enjoy.

Pathfinder_2_Shield Damage Tracker.ext

PS: Hopefully someone can tell me if my reasoning above is correct or not.

PPSS: I wonder if there are any plans to add this functionality into the PF2E ruleset. I am sure it could be extended beyond shields to other items as well.
    Stargrove
    Last edited by Stargrove; April 4th, 2021 at 05:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    PPSS: I wonder if there are any plans to add this functionality into the PF2E ruleset. I am sure it could be extended beyond shields to other items as well.
    See post #12. It's been on the list for a while. Will probably be implemented in release 19.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a 5e compatible version for this? I'd love to have the ability to track "Shield Points" for energy shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentazer View Post
    Is there a 5e compatible version for this? I'd love to have the ability to track "Shield Points" for energy shields.
    I don't know as I don't play 5e, but it should work as it is only a combat table change. there is an extension that makes extensions work for other games.

Ah, I already tried to load it for 5e and it doesn't even show up in the list, only for pathfinder. What's this compatibility extension you're talking about?

Thread Information