STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    @chillybilly you just zip the contents of the main folder not the folder itself and instead of .zip you use .ext
    they are just standard zip files. do not use rar and such just standard zip compression.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    I made a terrible, very bad, super-poor extension that adds a new weapon type (shield) that just renames and uses the ranged "range" and "Ammo" counters to track shield damage.

I'd share it if someone can tell me how to pack the file into an .ext. Right now it's just in folders.

Attachment 29386
    Very cool!

Something like this, and bombs, will be coming to a weapons section near you soon...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    @chillybilly you just zip the contents of the main folder not the folder itself and instead of .zip you use .ext
    they are just standard zip files. do not use rar and such just standard zip compression.
    Genius! Thank you!

If anyone wants the extension, here it is. I'm hoping it's okay to post (hopefully Trenloe or some other deity will take it down if this violates forum rules.

Edit: Not sure I did it right (how could I possibly screw up zipping a file???? But I think I managed to do so). I'm glad to see Trenloe gives his initial blessing on this and please, please make it better. I don't know how to get scripts to run in extensions so I just added a function in the actual windowclass of char_weapon and I know that's not a good solution but it did work (at least for now).

Oh, even if I zipped this wrong (it doesn't show up in the extensions list when zipped as an ext), it's possible to unzip it and place the files into a folder.

EDIT TWO: I messed on compressing it and this attachment right below doesn't work. Trenloe later figured out what I did wrong and I posted a working extension on page 3. Sorry!
    Last edited by chillybilly; October 14th, 2019 at 19:16.

If anyone wants the extension, here it is. I'm hoping it's okay to post (hopefully Trenloe or some other deity will take it down if this violates forum rules.
    Yep, completely OK to post things like this. Please post more!

Thanks for sharing with the community.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Very cool!

Something like this, and bombs, will be coming to a weapons section near you soon...
    This is great to hear Trenloe.
    And thanks for the extension!

Chilly does the hardness subtract damage when the shield tick is activated?
    looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mullisha View Post
    Chilly does the hardness subtract damage when the shield tick is activated?
    looks fine to me.
    I'm sorry but it doesn't. Also, the hit points aren't reduced when damage is applied (after hardness is taken into account). It's 100% manual and the only purpose was to give my players a visual reminder of their shields' hardnes and current HP. Automating it is far beyond my meager capabilities. Plus, there'd have to be an on/off button for that because using shield block is an action and sometimes, a PC won't want to use it and just take the damage.

I'm sorry but it doesn't. Also, the hit points aren't reduced when damage is applied (after hardness is taken into account). It's 100% manual and the only purpose was to give my players a visual reminder of their shields' hardnes and current HP. Automating it is far beyond my meager capabilities. Plus, there'd have to be an on/off button for that because using shield block is an action and sometimes, a PC won't want to use it and just take the damage.
    Thats fine I like what you have done.
    Good work

i'm not seeing the extension after i copied it into my extension folder and loaded up my PF2 campaign, is anyone else getting it to load?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    i'm not seeing the extension after i copied it into my extension folder and loaded up my PF2 campaign, is anyone else getting it to load?
    Looks like it's been compressed with RAR compression and not ZIP compression. It needs to the ZIP for FG to read it.

Thread Information