5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thank you LordEntrails! You're a life saver

Blog Entries
    You're welcome, but Damned gets the credit. I knew where he was leading you with the question he asked

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Close FG

Turn on file extensions. View > options > Show extensions (or similar)

You will then see that you have a "db.xml" and "db.xml.xml" file. Notice the files sizes of them? Rename db.xml to db_old.xml and db.xml.xml to db.xml. Restart FG, open your campaign.
    please dont rename.
    copy the file you want to try and then rename the copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scootrue View Post
    Note the db.backup... file from 5/7 at 11:18am. This shows that FG didn't exit cleanly and this is the last data save point before FG exited uncleanly (FG auto saves every 5 mins).

The next time you started FG after this unlcean exit, a message box would have popped up telling you this and letting you know that the data was in that backup file.

Make a copy of this file and then rename it to db.xml - so that you have the most recent data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am having this same issue, but when I rename my last session file db.xml (not db.xml.xml). It gives me an error reading the end tag.

You might need to work backwards through the session files to find the most recent session backup that does not have issues loading. Make sure to make a copy; not just rename.

Also, for anyone having this issue; please make sure that you are not running any other applications which may access or modify the FG data directory while FG is running. This includes file synching software, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information