STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last
    Hi Valyar,

thanks for the work on the extension.
    Do you plan to integrate custom dice for the artifact dice?

Hello guys,

I have on my to-do list to add the custom artifact dice and update how modifier box is working, but I have limited time to do coding and experiment. As FG is not having proper IDE I have little time for trials & errors, as this requires consecutive hours of work.

For now I have parked this project and probably will resume after Easter. Until then, the way we played the modifier was simple - in the charsheet we use negative modifier and we don't count that amout of dice, starting from right to left.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Valyar, if you are converting the other Fria Ligan products as mentioned eariler, could you potentially do something with the OGL document for the Year Zero Engine and place all of these games into a single extension?

For instance, I plan to use a combination of Forbidden Legends and Coriolis as I like some of the rules which FL has brought to the system (e.g. Artifact dice) over some of those in Coriolis. As a benefit to coders, instead of maintaining multiple modules, you would maintain one which could flow into all of their settings; this could save a good chunk of time. For players it means perhaps an easier time cross-pollinating the rules. Obviously there are some differences between the systems, such as when/how a critical is determined, but there is enough in common that perhaps some settings could be simply switched on and off on the sheet when moving between them, and since things are not automated to the same degree in MoreCore.

(As an aside, in winter 2019 I looked over the way MoreCore is set up but had to table my work on it, so I wouldn't be completely foreign. I may be able to throw an hour or two into the extension here and there to help if you wanted some collaboration.)

I've been playing with your modified ruleset and it's nice. I added the ranks, ingredients, range and duration to the spells. I added some slots for weaponinfo and it works and also works with character- and NPC-sheets (adding rolls automatic).
    Last edited by SoMann; April 13th, 2020 at 12:53.

Hello, "permanent attribute" section is broken for me and appears as "combat", any ideas why and how to fix it ?

I have linked a screen capture here.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by VegaFontana View Post
    Hello, "permanent attribute" section is broken for me and appears as "combat", any ideas why and how to fix it ?

I have linked a screen capture here.

Thanks in advance
    Have you imported the XML Character Sheet template? I think you created character and you got the default MoreCore tab loaded. Those strings can be adjusted manually, as it is editable string. In the provided XML template I created all rolls and linked them to save you time.

Quote Originally Posted by thwright View Post
    Valyar, if you are converting the other Fria Ligan products as mentioned eariler, could you potentially do something with the OGL document for the Year Zero Engine and place all of these games into a single extension?
    I was considering this at some point, but I have limited time to work on the OGL document at the moment. It definitely is doable. A generic theme must be done and standard libraries to hold the content. Still... one more thing on the backburner. The list is quite long
    Last edited by Valyar; April 14th, 2020 at 19:58.

Thanks for the answer here, I am pretty new to FG and did not know how to do this properly. Many thanks !

This is awesome!

I'm an Free League fan and I'm now starting my journey into vtt gaming for the first time because of this extension.
    I bought the FGU Ultimate as soon as I saw this forum post but now realize that not everything is working correctly with the Unity version.
    No problem since I need to understand how to add the information from the rule books so I'm probably in for a lot of work.

Any suggestions on how to add spells and items so they are draggable to the character sheet with premade attack rolls?
    Maybe someone has an suggestion on where to find a good tutorial? Is the process different between different rule sets and/or extensions?

I'm from Sweden and have both the Swedish and English rules but I wonder if it's possible for me to translate the extension so that my players will have the GUI in Swedish instead.

Really appreciate the time and dedication you've put into this!
    Last edited by mselberg; April 16th, 2020 at 09:11.

The spell and talent libraries in this release are very simple, they are drag-gable into talent/spell section of the character sheet and are not automated in anyway. They are not rolls.

If you want to make them drag and drop into the first sheet, you ahve to configure each spell into Abilities library, which contains the rolls inherited from MoreCore.

Hi everyone,

Thanks to this amazing work, I was able to lauch a Forbidden Lands campaign with my regular group even during the lockdown.
    For the spells, the number of rolled dice can change according to the number of willpower spent by the players.
    I made each spellcaster bind several number of dice on their "Shift" shortcuts (bottom action bar, I am not sure if it is also available in FG Unity ?). One die (d61) in Shift-1, Two dice in Shift-2 etc.
    In doing so, they can quickly roll the correct amount of dice. 4 WP spent ? Shift-4 it is !

Thread Information