DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 15 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    They did an amazing job of the Alien ruleset. Lots of custom coding involved. I can't wait for Forbidden Lands to be released
    Let me redeem myself. Alien's ruleset is good, but I didn't like some things, the initiative for example.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardofelipe View Post
    Let me redeem myself. Alien's ruleset is good, but I didn't like some things, the initiative for example.
    No worries, I am sure Alien is not for everyone
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    No worries, I am sure Alien is not for everyone
    But I like the system and the scenario, I'm a Alien fan. I Just do not like somethings in the Alien's ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. I hope some updates fix it.

Blog Entries
    But I like the system and the scenario, I'm a Alien fan. I Just do not like somethings in the Alien's ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. I hope some updates fix it.
    From memory I dont see anyone else complaining about the ruleset, and Ive seen plenty of positive comments.
    It would be helpful if you would explain in some detail what you dont think works well and what you think would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    From memory I dont see anyone else complaining about the ruleset, and Ive seen plenty of positive comments.
    It would be helpful if you would explain in some detail what you dont think works well and what you think would work better.
    Sure! It's only two small things.

The implementation of the initiative, having to roll 1d10, but I think that FG does not support the use of cards, and rolling dice can result in two equal numbers.

The other thing is the need to create multiple instances of the same Alien in the Combat Track to reflect the multiple actions in different initiative positions.

But despite that I play Alien in FG.

Hey, guys, the first quarter is over.

Sure! It's only two small things.

The implementation of the initiative, having to roll 1d10, but I think that FG does not support the use of cards, and rolling dice can result in two equal numbers.

The other thing is the need to create multiple instances of the same Alien in the Combat Track to reflect the multiple actions in different initiative positions.

But despite that I play Alien in FG.

These are fair points. I am not so certain about Alien, but looking at Forbidden Lands, the initiative is a bit weird. There are a maximum of 10 cards/initiative slots for both the players and the npcs. This will mean that sometimes npcs will likely have to be grouped on one of the cards. It also suggests giving multiple cards (actions per round) to more powerful npcs. If you have a 6 party group, all of your npcs will likely be grouped into 4 initiative slots. There is also a feint action that allows a player to swap initiative cards with an npc if they are within arms length but it is not clear if this means that they would swap initiative cards with the whole group. I'd probably not allow it but that does make a difference.

Honestly, I am not sure why they didn't just have people rolling dice for initiative. I will probably just house rule rolling for initiative.

However, you are right that duplicate initiative results should be re-drawn.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Hey, guys, where's it? 2Q is almost ending...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWWW View Post
    Any news?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm prepping to begin a Forbidden Lands campaign and prefer to use Fantasy Grounds to support it.
    Last edited by Quorlox; August 16th, 2021 at 10:13.

Thread Information