DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Hello everyone,

The extension in post #1 is now updated with the content for the Artifact Rolls. Thanks to Tatzelbelm for the support here!

Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

After my last game session I was a bit annoyed by how much work it is to manage the consumable dice (right mouse button, clear, drag new die).

I changed the consumable scripts for the following features:
    * no manual clearing of present dice necessary, when you drop dice over the field, it will automatically remove the old content
    * no more than 1 die is ever in the consumable field, if you drag multiple dice at once the script will only insert the first die

The reworked scripts are attached.

Edit:
    Removed the following feature, as it didn't work properly and was breaking dice resolution:
    * if a roll of the consumable results in a 1 or 2, the consumable is automatically decreased. If the die was a d6, it is removed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tatzelbelm; April 26th, 2020 at 20:42.

Sweet! I will update the extension later today and put it in the first post.

v.2.1 added to the first post! I also added reference to the post with Swedish translation.

I seriously need to test my modifications more, there's an issue with the scripts.
    Individually they work fine, but combined it is always the Torches die which is replaced on any result of 1 or 2. I'll have a look at how to fix this.

After finding out the automatic consumable degradation didn't work properly, I reworked the scripts.
    I had to expand the scope of changed files to get this working properly, and it now directly works with your database file.

I've attached the new files for both negative dice and consumable degradation.

I've tested this a bit more than my previous modfications, but the stakes are also a bit higher since it's directly modifying your database file and it's the first time I've done that.
    Best try this with a copy of your campaign or a test campaign first.

I'm currently working on adding a functionality to the right mouse button radial menu of character sheets to perfom a rest to automatically set your attributes to their permanent values.
    While working on taking the conditions under consideration, I stumbled upon a rule issue, where I'm not sure of the actual rules.

When you are "sleepy" and rest, do you recover your wits, or do you only get rid of sleepy?
    I basically have the same issue with hungry/thirsty. When you eat/drink with the condition, does this count as your food/drink for the day? Or does this only remove the condition and you need an extra portion of food/drink to not get hungry/thirsty again immediately?

There are four conditions and each of them prevent recovery of certain attribute (Strength, Strength or Wits, Wits) and also prevent recovery at all. I find it complex to try to automate this, unless all use cases are hardcoded and linked to specific current values to prevent modification from players.

I would go with the checkboxes and that's all. I have no idea how this can be automated in FG, I can do pseudocode but not the real one.

I've attached the current version of my modifications to the extension.
    I've chosen to attach the whole extension, since it was getting tiresome to only zip the increasing number of changed files.

Beware: These changes are not tested all that much, and I'm far from an experienced Fantasy Grounds developer. Backup your campaign regularly when using these modifications.

Here's a list of features:
    • Modifierstack is converted to additional skill dice / negative skill dice
    • Buttons with values -1 to -5 and 1 to 5 added, which can be used to quickly select modifiers (copied from 2E-ruleset)
    • Consumables are not affected by modifiers
    • Consumables automatically decrease when a 1 or 2 is rolled
    • Triggering the food consumable automatically removes the "Hungry" condition, if present
    • Triggering the water consumable automatically removes the "Thirsty" condition, if present
    • Character Sheets have a new right mouse button menu option, "Recover", currently only accessible by the GM. Recover has two sub options: (adapted from 5E-ruleset)
      "Rest", which resets your four current attribute values to their permanent values, taking your conditions into account
      "Sleep", which removes the "Sleepy" condition and then performs a "Rest" (see above)
    • Combat Tracker menu has new links for resting/sleeping the whole party

The "Recover"-feature is dependent on using Valyars character sheet template, see the screenshot below.
    Attributesetup.png

Also, I attached the extension as a .zip-file and not as an .ext-file because FG doesn't recognize it after zipping it. Can FG only work with specific .zip versions?
    Last edited by Tatzelbelm; May 3rd, 2020 at 20:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    There are four conditions and each of them prevent recovery of certain attribute (Strength, Strength or Wits, Wits) and also prevent recovery at all. I find it complex to try to automate this, unless all use cases are hardcoded and linked to specific current values to prevent modification from players.

I would go with the checkboxes and that's all. I have no idea how this can be automated in FG, I can do pseudocode but not the real one.
    What I was confused about was the difference between "resting" and "sleeping". I hadn't realized it's possible to rest and recover your attributes without sleeping, I had initially thought you only recovered by sleeping.
    I've hardcoded the effects of the conditions for now. It's not that many cases to cover.

I've left the conditions themselves to be freely set/reset by players, I want to try to automate a few things in the extension, I do not want to prevent cheating.

Thread Information