5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    When using LOS, player movement is restricted to the active visible area for a token. This is a convenience feature to prevent the player from accidentally, or intentionally, revealing parts of the map. A wall type that does not block vision would have no effect.
    Conflating vision with walls in implementation is a blocker for map-making.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Using the walls themselves to block player movement would be an entirely new feature.
    +1

In another VTT, I used multiple small circles to represent a portcullis, then placed my LOS layer circles in the same spots. One dedicated player managed to squeeze through after a time, but it made a good visual effect and obstructed movement for the most part.

I have not tried this yet in FGU, but it may be a work-around.

Window and curtain options sound like good future features.

Really enjoying FGU thus far. Thanks devs and fellow testers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gristlemill View Post
    In another VTT, I used multiple small circles to represent a portcullis, then placed my LOS layer circles in the same spots. One dedicated player managed to squeeze through after a time, but it made a good visual effect and obstructed movement for the most part.

This sounds indeed as a possible workaround One can add separate LoS layers and there is a toggle for turning them on/off (basically for opening the portcullis for example)

USA, India, and other locales around the world
    Quote Originally Posted by YamaShintaku View Post
    This question could also apply to holes in the wall that are too small for PC to climb through... I think the Lost Mine of Phandelver has one of these (at least I implemented it in my game...) There should be some sort of option to see, yet not walk through. Like a window or prison door that was mentioned above...
    Your note here also poses another interesting sidepoint used in many adventures. What about a hole that is not big enough for a medium or large sized creature, but big enough for a smaller creature?

i.e. Human v. gnome; Giant v. Human; Gnome v. Swarm of diminutive or tiny creatures; etc.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gristlemill View Post

You think something alike "Gristlemill"
    Nice idea, thank you for it

FGU porcullis example.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    This sounds indeed as a possible workaround One can add separate LoS layers and there is a toggle for turning them on/off (basically for opening the portcullis for example)

Unfortunatelly, this won't work. I try it add as separate wall option and then show/hide but without influence.
    Maybe later it will work.
    Last edited by MarianDz; November 10th, 2019 at 12:05.

Quote Originally Posted by MarianDz View Post
    You think something alike "Gristlemill"
    Nice idea, thank you for it

FGU porcullis example.png

Unfortunatelly, this won't work. I try it add as separate wall option and then show/hide but without influence.
    Maybe later it will work.
    You have to press the little wall button in that layer entry to turn off its LoS It does not work when making the layer invisible (that's a known item in the list)

Use window as Line Of Sight type. Closed window prevents moving but allow players to see through it. You can shift click it too to lock it and prevent players of opening it.

Can you use a locked window? (I was thinking about this earlier today, funny enough.) I can't remember, will a closed window block movement and/or line of sight?
    Last edited by estrolof; December 17th, 2022 at 06:31. Reason: Additional thought

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Can you use a locked window? (I was thinking about this earlier today, funny enough.) I can't remember, will a closed window block movement and/or line of sight?
    Closed window will block movement but not LOS. I used it to implement prison bars. Works exactly as I intended.

You guys are correct about the window features, however that functionality did not exist in 2019 when this thread was created.

Thread Information