1. #1

    How to build a starship?

    Am I doing something wrong, everything tells me its not working and will be in a future update.

    How then do I build a starship? Many of the fields appear to be read only.

  2. #2
    And found it. When it says to add a frame, it means specifically (in my case) Explorer. I was trying to pull over the Venture and have it assign the parts that way...

  3. #3
    Samarex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeper View Post
    Am I doing something wrong, everything tells me its not working and will be in a future update.

    How then do I build a starship? Many of the fields appear to be read only.
    Yes Starships are not 100% working right now. Coming Soon to a Theater near you.....
    Russell Campbell
    FG Product Development Projects Link


    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Yes Starships are not 100% working right now. Coming Soon to a Theater near you.....
    It's been two years, will it ever be done? My answer is no. That's why I migrated my games to Roll20 and bought all Pathfinder 2E products over there. Yea yea, some dude got sick and couldn't do it.....you can't find someone to replace him ALL THIS TIME?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Extaminos View Post
    It's been two years, will it ever be done? My answer is no. That's why I migrated my games to Roll20 and bought all Pathfinder 2E products over there. Yea yea, some dude got sick and couldn't do it.....you can't find someone to replace him ALL THIS TIME?
    And yet I came from Roll20 because FG's system is not nearly as broken.

  6. #6
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Extaminos View Post
    It's been two years, will it ever be done? My answer is no. That's why I migrated my games to Roll20 and bought all Pathfinder 2E products over there. Yea yea, some dude got sick and couldn't do it.....you can't find someone to replace him ALL THIS TIME?
    Yep, there's a lot of reasons. You either believe them or you don't - up to you. And you left FG because of lack of Starfinder functionality, for a platform that has only 3 official Starfinder Products? Whereas FG has 24 official Paizo Starfinder products and is growing. Personally, I think you've made the wrong choice - both for Starfinder and especially as far as Pathfinder Second Edition is concerned. But, then again, I'm biased...
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #7
    We just hired two new full-time Ruleset developers. Dominic is helping on the final push for Vampire V and is working on Starship functionality next. It may take some time to get it built.

    If you prefer the VTT functionality at Roll20, then that is up to you. We believe that Starfinder and Pathfinder have excellent automation compared with the competition’s version and very strong module content support — even without full automation for Starship combat.

    Samarex has also been adding new functionality to Starfinder over the last few years.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We just hired two new full-time Ruleset developers. Dominic is helping on the final push for Vampire V and is working on Starship functionality next. It may take some time to get it built.

    If you prefer the VTT functionality at Roll20, then that is up to you. We believe that Starfinder and Pathfinder have excellent automation compared with the competition’s version and very strong module content support — even without full automation for Starship combat.

    Samarex has also been adding new functionality to Starfinder over the last few years.
    I agree, somewhere I even read a study on this topic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in