DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The Wiki should probably be updated and CA/GRANTCA is for other systems and could probably use replacements for Pathfinder 2 for things like applied Flat-Footed to enemies for just the actor (such as Flanking).
    I'll keep CA and GRANTCA there for backwards compatibility.

I'll change "Flat-footed" to be targetable in the next release (release 9) - so you can put it on a creature that will be Flat-footed and then use effect targeting if the condition only applies to certain attacks. This essentially will then work the same as GRANTCA now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I actually really like the IFT: Flat-footed thing as a permanent effect.
    I tried it. It doesn't work either.
    But I've got some good advice from this thread so far.
    If you drag and drop the Flat-footed effect to the enemy it works. It won't work if you use the modifier tab though...

IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6, precision

See the gif here: https://gyazo.com/c87f8ded3998ff2bf5fb5ec094d45bd0

For the hard-coded conditions on the left of the Effects page, is there a way to quickly reference their effects? There's no little dragon icon for them to bring up more details...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    For the hard-coded conditions on the left of the Effects page, is there a way to quickly reference their effects? There's no little dragon icon for them to bring up more details...
    Go here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...PFRPG2_Effects

I've just checked and the ? button at the top of the Effects window goes to the 3.5E ruleset Wiki page. I'll fix that for the next release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ohhhh. I get it. So, the IFT thing will work if the creature has the flatfooted effect on it, but not just if the attacker is attacking vs. flatfooted AC.
    Wow. There are so many moving parts to this. It's all so fascinating.
    So, Trenloe is going to make flatfooted targetable, then I can just have the two effects. One permanent effect to add sneak attack on flatfooted, and another to make a creature flatfooted.
    This stuff is all new to me. But I'm keeping the wiki open and tabbing over to my FG and playing with stuff usually every day. So I can hopefully eventually have to stop asking so many questions. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    So, Trenloe is going to make flatfooted targetable, then I can just have the two effects. One permanent effect to add sneak attack on flatfooted, and another to make a creature flatfooted.
    To clarify. You can add the "Flat-footed" condition to a target now.

Adding a condition to a target is not the same as targeting a condition - targeting a condition allows you to apply that condition but make it only applicable to certain targets - i.e. it's filtering when the condition is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To clarify. You can add the "Flat-footed" condition to a target now.

Adding a condition to a target is not the same as targeting a condition - targeting a condition allows you to apply that condition but make it only applicable to certain targets - i.e. it's filtering when the condition is applied.
    I'm not sure i understand what you mean...
    Does it mean that after flat-footed is "targetable" the line IFT: [flat-footed] will work also when i apply flat-footed modifier before a damage roll?

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Does it mean that after flat-footed is "targetable" the line IFT: [flat-footed] will work also when i apply flat-footed modifier before a damage roll?
    Nope, not that. IFT works on conditions as standard.

See my posts over the last 2 pages - describing targeting the CA effect.

With release 9 of the ruleset (probably tomorrow), which includes "Flat-footed" being targetable - it means you can specify for who the condition actually applies. As mentioned above, it's a filter for targets.

An example: If "Goblin Warrior" was only Flat-footed to "Gnomio" then you could target the condition as follows:

You can see that the Flat-footed defensive modifier is only applied to attacks from Gnomio, not Dwarfy:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 11th, 2019 at 22:29.

Got it.

How will IFT: work with that?
    If someone else (besides Gnomio) had a IFT: [flat-footed] it should not work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Got it.

How will IFT: work with that?
    If someone else (besides Gnomio) had a IFT: [flat-footed] it should not work, right?
    Correct.

And the syntax is IFT: Flat-footed; ... For example: IFT: Flat-footed; DMG: 2

Thread Information