FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Is there any guide as to how to use the Actions generator?
    Nope, because it's not implemented yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can't figure out the command that makes you attack vs. the enemy's flatfooted AC. I know there's a button in the +/- tab, but I want to program into a button for the rogue on his sheet.
    The wiki says the command is CA for combat advantage, but when I put the CA in, nothing happens.
    Would it be easier just to add a +2 ATK?

I can't figure out the command that makes you attack vs. the enemy's flatfooted AC. I know there's a button in the +/- tab, but I want to program into a button for the rogue on his sheet.
    The wiki says the command is CA for combat advantage, but when I put the CA in, nothing happens.
    Would it be easier just to add a +2 ATK?
    Easiest way to do it is to apply Flat-footed to the target, much like you'd apply the +2 ATK to the actor.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

You could apply an effect on your target that gives AC: -2

Well, what I was doing was.. I have an effect on the rogue (that I saw someone from here give an example of) that puts sneak attack on his next damage when he hits, and it dissipates when the damage roll is done.
    But I thought I could also add to the effect (on the rogue) one that gives him attack vs flatfooted. So he could just click it all in one button.
    But the CA command I can't get to work.
    I hope that all made sense.

Well, what I was doing was.. I have an effect on the rogue (that I saw someone from here give an example of) that puts sneak attack on his next damage when he hits, and it dissipates when the damage roll is done.
    But I thought I could also add to the effect (on the rogue) one that gives him attack vs flatfooted. So he could just click it all in one button.
    But the CA command I can't get to work.
    I hope that all made sense.
    I was working with a permanent effect on the rogue.
    IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6, precision

It means that if you attack a target that has the flat-footed condition, the extra damage will be added. But it won't work if you do not manually add the effect, however.
    Last edited by theMaXX; November 9th, 2019 at 22:31.

Gotcha. Yeah. Honestly, that's a tough one. Real problem is if the opponent is Flat-Footed from some other effect (say a spell like Chill Touch vs Undead or Confused as a Condition), having an all-in-one button that grants +2 attacks would effectively double-up the bonus to +4.

As much as I am with you (and if you see my all-in-one module or how much I put into the Bestiary), I love trying to keep things as compressed and concise as possible.. but sometimes you just have to take the long road to ensure accuracy.

So in this case, best to give the rogue a second entry that applies Flat-footed to the target (probably a one-action version if it's a personal boost such as from Flanking) and just remind the player to apply flat-footed before attacks and the precision damage for the damage.

All that said...
    The Wiki should probably be updated and CA/GRANTCA is for other systems and could probably use replacements for Pathfinder 2 for things like applied Flat-Footed to enemies for just the actor (such as Flanking).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

The CA effect needs to be targeted - i.e. you have combat advantage against a specific target, not against all targets. When you apply CA to your character, drag the effect target icon (the cross-hairs to the right side of the effect line in the CT) to the target/s who will be flat footed to you.

I'll add this info to the effects Wiki page.

EDIT: You can also apply the targeting effect if you have "CA" set as an effect on your character sheet, set it as Targeting = Self and then hold down SHIFT and drag/drop the effect button onto the target that will be flat footed to your attacks - this will apply the CA effect to you (as the targeting was set to self) but the effect itself will bet set to target the creature the effect was dragged to (with SHIFT being pressed).
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 9th, 2019 at 23:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I actually really like the IFT: Flat-footed thing as a permanent effect.
    I tried it. It doesn't work either.
    But I've got some good advice from this thread so far.
    Last edited by Milke; November 10th, 2019 at 20:24.

Missing [Cover-lesser]; AC: 1

Thread Information