FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    So if behind a window then I drop prone so I can hide then I want to use Greater Cover from the modifier window (or gcover on the tracker), but if in the clear then I want to use ProneTakeCover from the effects window?
    Yes.

"just take the best circumstance bonus and the worst circumstance penalty" is that what the automation is doing or are you saying we manually have to do this and apply a net modifier.
    The ruleset will calculate the total modifier to a check correctly, based off the bonus/penalty types used.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi, Trenloe.
    Started some tests yesterday, and it seems all good.

One thing i've noticed when i was trying to add an effect for sneak attacks:
    IFT: Flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision
    It worked allright, rolled two dices and the precision damage seems to be treated as piercing, wich is correct.

The thing is: precision damage is added to the normal damage for purposes of overcoming resistances, except for resist precision.

So, i've rolled against a monster with:
    RESIST: 5 piercing
    Unfortunately it reduced the damage of each dice, instead once for the total damage dealt.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but since i'm working with effects, i thought it would...

OBS.: This doesn't happen when i add the damage straight to the weapon attack action, but havin a permanent effect wich i can tick ON and OFF would be very nice.

Also, is it possible for the effects to have a property to use it only once per turn... then becoming available again? Right now there's no way for dealing with it automatically or am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Hi, Trenloe.
    Started some tests yesterday, and it seems all good.

One thing i've noticed when i was trying to add an effect for sneak attacks:
    IFT: Flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision
    It worked allright, rolled two dices and the precision damage seems to be treated as piercing, wich is correct.

The thing is: precision damage is added to the normal damage for purposes of overcoming resistances, except for resist precision.

So, i've rolled against a monster with:
    RESIST: 5 piercing
    Unfortunately it reduced the damage of each dice, instead once for the total damage dealt.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but since i'm working with effects, i thought it would...
    This issue is logged as RS2.030.

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Also, is it possible for the effects to have a property to use it only once per turn... then becoming available again? Right now there's no way for dealing with it automatically or am i missing something?
    There's currently On, Off, and Skip. Can you give me a use case please? I'm thinking it might get complex with handling deciding when it's used, etc. but I'd like a use case so I can consider the process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This issue is logged as RS2.030.

There's currently On, Off, and Skip. Can you give me a use case please? I'm thinking it might get complex with handling deciding when it's used, etc. but I'd like a use case so I can consider the process.
    For abilities like the Precision Ranger:

PFS Legal Precision
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 168
    You have trained to aim for your prey’s weak points. The first time you hit your hunted prey in a round, you also deal 1d8 additional precision damage.

I'm not sure what else could use right now... but there might be more.

I put ProneTakeCover into the trackers effects, nothing changed when I attacked. When I switched back to Prone then [Effects-2] happened.

I put ProneTakeCover into the trackers effects, nothing changed when I attacked. When I switched back to Prone then [Effects-2] happened.
    Please provide a screenshot showing the combat tracker and the chat window with an example where this doesn't work. Thanks.

From the Effects Wiki: You are prone and have used the "Take Cover" action. Only applied if you also have the Prone condition.

so, you need 2 Effects on the PC for it to DO something...
    1. Prone (which gives you FF [AC: -2 circumstance; ATK: -2 circumstance] )
    2. ProneTakenCover (which gives you COVER-GREATER [AC: 4 circumstance,ranged )

I tested and it works correctly for Melee Attacks [DEF EFFECTS -2] and for Ranged Attacks [DEF EFFECTS +2]
    ( so basically... ProneTakenCover is... IF: Prone; AC: 4 circumstance,ranged )
    Last edited by xscapebb; October 17th, 2019 at 06:06.

So it behaves as 'TakenCover when Prone' rather than 'Prone and TakenCover'...the compound name makes one think it is the latter behavior.

Also ProneTakenCover is not on the effects list, should not need the wiki open to remember what the ProperName used was, should be on the effects list.

this (ProneTakenCover) is not a proper "Condition"... it is a special case combination of conditions that (per rules) works SLIGHTLY differently than simply combining the 2 (Prone and Cover-Greater)... imo, Trenloe just happened to stumble across this and thought "hmm, I can add something special to make this easier", but it is not required and is not a normal/standard "condition"... imo, there are probably 10+ other such special case combos that we/he haven't seen/thought of yet...

Also ProneTakenCover is not on the effects list, should not need the wiki open to remember what the ProperName used was, should be on the effects list.
    It's the result of taking an action, rather than a ruleset conditions. I'm still developing actions and I haven't decided where things like this will reside as there'll probably be quite a lot more and I don't want to add more condition buttons to an already pretty overloaded effects window. For now you'll just have to remember the effect name (ProneTakenCover) or manually add it to the custom list in the effects window.

Thread Information