DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Oh. That will be absolutely fantastic. So, if I understand correctly.
    I could program a Flat-footed button and set it to last one whole round, but only for the person who is pushing the button.
    So, if the rogue was flanking, and attacked all 3 times, it would apply FF to all 3 of his attacks, and dissipate before his next round, and wouldn't make the creature FF to others at all. And the IFT button would add his sneak attack.
    Trenloe. You're a genius.

Seems it will be good for players who play Rogues and use sneak attack but forget to drop the sneak attack damage on themselves. Now you can "hard code" an effect so that as long as the creature has that effect it will trigger the sneak attack off that. Makes my job a lot easier cant wait to see what other things come out of this.

Do you think it will be possible to stack effects ie. Dropping clumsy 1 on a character 3 times will apply clumsy 3 or stunned or any other numbered effect or do you think just making a separate effect for each one is an easier way to go?
    Last edited by UltimateGM; November 12th, 2019 at 01:37.

I'm actually very excited about this. I was never much into VTT's until I found Fantasy Grounds. And PF2 has me checking message boards and looking up how to automate things constantly. But in a good way, because I'm fascinated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Do you think it will be possible to stack effects ie. Dropping clumsy 1 on a character 3 times will apply clumsy 3 or stunned or any other numbered effect or do you think just making a separate effect for each one is an easier way to go?
    I've thought about it. I still haven't decided on exactly what I'm going to do. I had originally thought of allowing multiple drops to accumulate like what you mention, but the problem with this is that if there is, for example, already Clumsy: 1 on a creature with a certain duration and then they become Clumsy: 2 from a separate source, FG needs to track the duration of each if the lower value lasts longer. So I need to come up with a nice and easy way to add conditions with values - outside of the current manually editing of condition values once added to the creature in the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I love the flatfooted is targetable now.
    Just curious. Is the only way to do it, to drag the target icon onto the recipient? Or is there a way to program the effect button to where it applies to the person who clicked the effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Just curious. Is the only way to do it, to drag the target icon onto the recipient? Or is there a way to program the effect button to where it applies to the person who clicked the effect?
    1) Add an ability (a spell record, but you'll use it as an ability) in your actions tab and then add an effect to that ability. Set the effect to Targeting = Targets, and give it the condition text Flat-footed
    2) Target as normal the creature you want to add the targeted condition to.
    3) Press the SHIFT key and drag/drop the effect you setup in step #1 - but drop it on your PC that has the end creature targeted.
    4) The SHIFT key is telling FG that this is a targeted effect and to target that effect on the entry in the CT the effect is dropped on. As the PC has the creature targeted, and the effect is set to apply to the target, the effect will be placed on the creature (even though it was dropped on the PC) and the target of the effect will be the PC.

Too many targets ??

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, the adds this week to PF2 were really awesome, including this. Thanks for the hard work, sir!

I echo Bidmaron that your updates were great.
    Okay, so I see about the shift key targeting.

Just a question. Is there a way that a command could be made that could be added to the effect code. So that I could make one that would just go with a click?
    So that the rogue player could target the creature, and just click his hotkey button, and the command coded in adds flat-footed targeted to him?
    If not, it's still great. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Just a question. Is there a way that a command could be made that could be added to the effect code. So that I could make one that would just go with a click?
    So that the rogue player could target the creature, and just click his hotkey button, and the command coded in adds flat-footed targeted to him?
    There could be a way, but it would be a long way down the development list.

Thread Information