DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Items With Fixed Spell Attacks

Example: Decanter of Endless Water

Is there a way to create a Cast action for items like this? I see it lets you set a fixed DC, but I don't see a way to set a fixed attack roll.

well....You create it on the PC who has the item

This item looks like an ordinary glass flask full of water. The stopper can’t be removed unless you speak one of the item’s three command words, each of which causes water to pour forth in a different way. Pulling the stopper straight out creates fresh water, and rotating it as you pull creates salt water. Any effect of the decanter lasts until the decanter is plugged (with its own stopper, a finger, or the like).

Activate Single Action command, Interact; Effect Speaking “stream,” you cause water to pour out at a rate of 1 gallon per round.

Activate Single Action command, Interact; Effect Speaking “fountain,” you cause water to pour out in a 5-foot-long stream at a rate of 5 gallons per round.

Activate Single Action command, Interact; Effect Speaking “geyser,” you cause a powerful deluge of water to erupt at a rate of 15 gallons per round. You can direct the stream at a creature, subjecting it to the effects of hydraulic push (spell attack roll +15). You can repeat this once per round as long as the geyser continues, spending an Interact action to direct the geyser each time.
    Item spell.png
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I see what you did there. The only problem with that setup is that I then have to create an entirely new spellcasting class for each such item, since they will have different bonuses...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I see what you did there. The only problem with that setup is that I then have to create an entirely new spellcasting class for each such item, since they will have different bonuses...
    Opps right you are, easy fix though...
    Item spell.png

Every player should have a "Special Items" section in their action tab BEFORE they have even rolled a single die in character creation.
    Last edited by Willot; June 22nd, 2020 at 08:49.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Oh, there we go. That's smart, thanks.

Wilot, would you add single use items to that special items header? My party now has many different potions and it would be nice to have clickies for them to use > single action heal pots, elixir of cheetah, heroism and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Wilot, would you add single use items to that special items header? My party now has many different potions and it would be nice to have clickies for them to use > single action heal pots, elixir of cheetah, heroism and such.
    Like this..
    Single Use.jpg

BUT, Id probably just have the effects in the actions tab Like Heal potion (with the different strength healing Potions) and mark them off in the inventory, rather than doing as marking off as spells.
    But both work

And once all healing potions are used up NO need to remove the Effect because you are BOUND to get some more healing potions at a later date.
    My players dont even remove the Healing potion item form their inventory They just mark it as 0 because they know they are gonna buy some more later.
    (I say buy because Im a Stingey SOB DM)

"OK! OK! If I say you find ONE minor Healing Potion behind the dresser you can all share, will you stop crying?"
    Last edited by Willot; June 23rd, 2020 at 11:58.

Wilot that is an excellent idea. Just use another header call it spells and list 'healing pots' under it with a heal button for each type.

I got a dumb question. If i create this on one characters sheet, is the 'action and effect' on the actions tab, drag n droppable to another players sheet? I was trying to avoid having to manually do everyone's sheet. I will if that is needed but a bit of drag n drop would be much easier.

It is, thats the basis for the SR drag and drop module, its a series of character sheets with premade actions for you to copy over

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    It is, thats the basis for the SR drag and drop module, its a series of character sheets with premade actions for you to copy over
    Yup!

Thread Information