DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Okay. Just wondering. If you can add it to the very bottom of the list, that'd be great.
    As it stands even, it's pretty darn cool.

Hello everybody,

I think the Enfeebled condition is wrong. The condition sais that "When you are enfeebled, you take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Strength-based rolls and DCs, including Strength-based melee attack rolls, Strength-based damage rolls, and Athletics checks", so it must not apply any penalty to dexterity-based neither ranged weapons damage rolls, but it does. The alternative effect described here "ABIL: -1 status,strength; ATK: -1 status,melee; SKILL: -1 status,strength; DMG: -1 status,bludgeoning,piercing,slashing" neither does it work because ranged or dexterity-based damages with bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage types are also affected. Is there any way to implement the correct enfeebled condition?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by noalco View Post
    Is there any way to implement the correct enfeebled condition?
    Use the Enfeebled: X condition. If this doesn't work correctly, please provide an example of it not working in FG (with a screenshot). Thanks.

Note: There's one issue where Enfeebled applies to all NPC damage checks. Logged as RS2.070.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Note: There's one issue where Enfeebled applies to all NPC damage checks. Logged as RS2.070.
    Ok, that was the problem, i checked with an NPC. I have just used with a PC and it works correctly. Thank you

Ok, that was the problem, i checked with an NPC. I have just used with a PC and it works correctly. Thank you
    Thanks for drawing my attention to the issue.

Release 10 will have an update to only apply the enfeebled penalty to NPC melee damage, or NPC damage that has the "thrown" trait. The one thing it won't do is differentiate if an NPC melee attack is a finesse attack and using the DEX bonus instead of STR for the attack check - as this could get quite complex, I've seem some NPCs with finesse weapons that still use their STR modifier to attack. So this will have to remain a manual adjustment by the GM if appropriate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The one thing it won't do is differentiate if an NPC melee attack is a finesse attack and using the DEX bonus instead of STR for the attack check - as this could get quite complex, I've seem some NPCs with finesse weapons that still use their STR modifier to attack. So this will have to remain a manual adjustment by the GM if appropriate.
    May be I have a solution based on any creature will attack with its best ability: if a creature has better DEX than STR and it is using a finesse weapon, it will attack using dexterity. Taking into account this premise, enfeebled will be only applied for finesse weapons in case that STR is greater than DEX.

Even more, if you want to implement a more flexible condition, I would take into account the difference between (attack with STR and the enfeebled penalty) and to attack with DEX, I explain it: let supose that one creature has STR 18 (+4) and DEX 14 (+2), and it attacks with STR and a finesse weapon; if that creature is enfeebled: 4, it attacks with a -4 penalty, but the creature could change its attack ability and using DEX (only a -2 penalty). In this case, the penalty of enfeebled would be the minimal value betwen the enfeebled value and (StrBonus-DexBonus)

I hope this can help you with the problem.

In the Modifiers is the modifier button 'Flat Footed'. Ive been following this thread but can I get a quick re-clarification on use of the button?

Player has flanked goblin. Does this player use the flat footed prior to attack to get the ac reduction for his attack?

Or do I (the gm) drag this button on the goblins CT effects/conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    In the Modifiers is the modifier button 'Flat Footed'. Ive been following this thread but can I get a quick re-clarification on use of the button?

Player has flanked goblin. Does this player use the flat footed prior to attack to get the ac reduction for his attack?

Or do I (the gm) drag this button on the goblins CT effects/conditions?
    Modifier buttons apply a modifier to the next roll.

Effects are much more powerful, but can take longer to setup. So the modifier window is a quick way to apply situational modifiers to the next roll.

May be I have a solution based on any creature will attack with its best ability: if a creature has better DEX than STR and it is using a finesse weapon, it will attack using dexterity. Taking into account this premise, enfeebled will be only applied for finesse weapons in case that STR is greater than DEX.

Even more, if you want to implement a more flexible condition, I would take into account the difference between (attack with STR and the enfeebled penalty) and to attack with DEX, I explain it: let supose that one creature has STR 18 (+4) and DEX 14 (+2), and it attacks with STR and a finesse weapon; if that creature is enfeebled: 4, it attacks with a -4 penalty, but the creature could change its attack ability and using DEX (only a -2 penalty). In this case, the penalty of enfeebled would be the minimal value betwen the enfeebled value and (StrBonus-DexBonus)

I hope this can help you with the problem.
    Yeah, I completely understand the maths behind it. I just don't want to over complicate things. Especially as NPC statblocks in PF2 don't follow the exact same rules as PCs - which is born out by some Bestiary statblocks I've looked at not making sense in terms of the pure maths calculation for finesse attacks. But I also don't want to penalise PCs if they enfeeble enemies. I'll look at more bestiary examples (it may be they're just wrong) and see what I can come up with in a future release.

Hi trenloe.
    Is it possible to automatically set an effect to the current initiative -0.1?
    That would be useful to automatically preset an effect to last until the end of my next turn without messing with the initiative everytime i add it.

Thread Information