DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dealing out Action Cards manually in Combat Tracker

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds Unity and just built my first little mini-encounter and test-fought a combat with Dead Lands Weird West. One thing the Combat Tracker is doing is automatically dealing all participants their Action Cards when I hit "next combatant" and I'm at the end of a round. In that case, it automatically advances to the next round and deals out cards. I can see that there is a "Show Cards" gadget at the bottom of the tracker, with a deal box for each participant when that is clicked, and I can deal out additional cards from there - which I guess would be for cases when someone has an Edge that gives them extra cards.

But, for dramatic purposes, I'd kind of like to just deal the cards to each participant one at a time manually at the top of a round. And possibly even deal critter ones face-down in some cases before revealing.

I'm betting there are options to control this somewhere, but I can't find them. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a lot of FGU-and-SWADE specific "How To" videos. If I ever figure this out enough to my satisfaction, I promise to make one, but I feel I've got a long way to go before I could do that....

A lot of the automation will not work if you do it manually, you can do it (right click on the blank card and select deal card), but all the effects will not decrease unless you use the next round / next combatant to start a new round.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks! Well, perhaps an enhancement request at some point. I'd especially like to be able to do them face-down in certain situations.

I did come up with a possible solution, but not sure it's worth it. After using "Next Combatant" to go to a new round, hit the "Menu -> Action Cards" in the CT, then select "Clear all cards". Then toggle the "Show Cards" button to get the little box for each combatant entry, and click on the boxes as appropriate to deal out cards manually from scratch.

Thread Information