STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 15 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Just to let you know, Stall and Draft are not going to transfer and the Notes are duplicated.

Thank you, that would be because somehow I failed to even consider them and they were not included at all.

Remedied and I have updated version 1.0.0.7 to include these.

edit: for some reason I'm not getting any notification when this thread is replied to. I'll do my best to keep an eye out.

edit2: Also, got rid of duplicate data in notes field.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; March 30th, 2020 at 02:59.

Thanks, I edited the file by hand, but even so I warned others not to do it .... and I also made a module with the grenades and I came across the following, it treats them as equipment and not a weapon, and even though they are ranged weapons, there is a crucial factor, the fuser (time it takes to detonate) so I believe that besides being something to be changed in your wonderful program, it would be something to be considered to be updated in some future launch of the ruleset, I know this is a throwing weapon, but it is special because it works with two types of damage "5d ex [1d] cr" and even more has a table just for them.

Some grenades come through better than others.

For instance, if you use items from GCA Basic Set the concussion grenades do well. (See image)

Some grenades have a long string of variables to their damage and some are just "spcl" so you have to figure it out.

After the dust settles down from the stuff I've done so far I might take another look. There may also be some that would not take a lot of additional work to get them to come out as Type = Ranged Weapon, Subtype = Grenade.

Also, I've noted that some items are better coming from GCA and some are better coming from GCS. For example, there is a lot of nice Ammunition to be found in GCS that I don't ever recall seeing in GCA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@Jaxilon: I was able to download it this morning. It turns out it was a problem on my end. I look forward to working with it!

And a general question: Are there lists of items that have already been created?
    Last edited by Myrmidon; March 30th, 2020 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon View Post
    @Jaxilon: I was able to download it this morning. It turns out it was a problem on my end. I look forward to working with it!

And a general question: Are there lists of items that have already been created?
    Happy to know it is working for you now.

As for lists, I've been creating them so often between updates I tend to just generate what I need.
    I have created .mod files with like every item but I find they tend to load and search rather slowly in FG Unity (which I'm sure is the same in FGC) so I think it is probably best if you create specific files for specific items.

Once you get how it works you can pound them out pretty quickly.

Also, for everyone's information, if you load up a whole ton of items but only want certain things, you can go to the "RAW Data" tab and highlight/Delete everything you don't want, click "Convert" again and it will regenerate the items using only what you want.

Note: I just realized I need to reset the counter when I do that

So, for instance I could import from GCS the Action equipment and if I only wanted Ammunition I could sort it by subtype then delete everything NOT 'ammunition', hit "Convert" then "Export" to create a .mod file like this:

Granted, this is just some Equipment from a specific setting but it shows what you can do. Then You could setup mod files for different shops. I was imagining having an Armorsmith, a Weapons Shop and so forth. That way you could kind of role play the whole shopping around town experience. At any rate, that was what I was thinking to do with new players to teach them how FG works and all that. IF I ever get back to playing that is, LOL.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there a way to apply different DR to different hit locations for an item through Mod Maker?

Also, is there a way to save a file or edit a mod file?

(Edit: Added second question.)
    Last edited by Myrmidon; March 30th, 2020 at 22:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon View Post
    Is there a way to apply different DR to different hit locations for an item through Mod Maker?

Also, is there a way to save a file or edit a mod file?

(Edit: Added second question.)
    1) You can create items completely from scratch so yes. All you need to do is find the item in the "Raw Data" tab and change it however you want.

2) I hadn't thought of needing that but I can see how it might be helpful. I can look into it but for now the only way is to manually alter the xml files inside the .mod

Hi, I've been trying upload melee weapons list on to FG and for large Knife i got the following error when equiped

script error: [scripts/manager_Gurps4e lua"] 231:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'uesST' (a nil Value)

Quote Originally Posted by jfletc12 View Post
    Hi, I've been trying upload melee weapons list on to FG and for large Knife i got the following error when equiped

script error: [scripts/manager_Gurps4e lua"] 231:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'uesST' (a nil Value)
    Do you have the most recent ruleset loaded? I thought that was corrected a couple iterations back.

Are you building from scratch, GCA or GCS?

Edit: I just loaded a "Large Knife" from both GCA and GCS without issue. I suspect you just need to install the more resent GURPS ruleset.

And so you can test it, here is a copy of a .mod file with just "Large Knife" that works for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jaxilon; April 2nd, 2020 at 06:13.

Thread Information