FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 15 First ... 412131415 Last
    Hello there and thanks for your endeavors.

Are there any plans to make this tool usable in Linux too? I am trying to setup it via Wine, but... It didn't go well due to my being novice in Linux. It seems like MSI files needs some special approach with it.
    Thanks again and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroand View Post
    Hello there and thanks for your endeavors.

Are there any plans to make this tool usable in Linux too? I am trying to setup it via Wine, but... It didn't go well due to my being novice in Linux. It seems like MSI files needs some special approach with it.
    Thanks again and have a nice day.
    Do you have Steam? I'd suggest installing it using Steam's Proton, it's a more robust version of WINE that's supposed to be easier to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
    Do you have Steam? I'd suggest installing it using Steam's Proton, it's a more robust version of WINE that's supposed to be easier to set up.
    Thanks for the answer. I do not know what I did but, it is opening -but not working- right now (after spending appromixmately 10 hours to copt-paste books to FGU :/ )

While trying to import data from GCS, this errors occured. And, I think, It's far beyond my skills.
    Screenshot_2021-11-17_14-34-32.png
    Right after importing.
    Screenshot_2021-11-17_14-36-53.png
    After that.
    Screenshot_2021-11-17_14-37-15.png
    And again.

I guess those are not happen in Windows. Soo, I will ask for a help from my Windows user friends.

EDİT: Well... It made the same (first) error on Windows PC too. I simplify the data, I try to import only 1 equipment, but... Spells, etc. have similar error too.
    Last edited by Feroand; November 18th, 2021 at 20:40. Reason: Feedback

I know it doesn't work with the newer installation files for GCS as those are all json and originally they were xml. You can still use the old xml files if you have them.
    One of these days I should update the app to use the new formats but I figure I'll have to revisit it once the new GCA comes out anyhow.

Are you using the old data files for GCS or are you trying to import stuff from a newer install?
    If you can describe how you create it I can see if I can fix it or at least get you with a work around.

As for Lenux I'm not against it, but I haven't done anything with it except building a Raspberry Pi media player.
    I wouldn't mind doing a redesign on the whole thing but it's not like I don't have enough passion projects in life. LOL
    Last edited by Jaxilon; November 19th, 2021 at 04:34.

Jaxilon, Is there any chance for you to get your awesome stuff working with GCA5?

Jaxilon We Will Love If The Software You created works with GCA 5.

I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering where things stood with GCA5. I haven't played with it much myself yet but if there is still a need then I will carve out some time to revisit this whole project.

With so much going on I wasn't sure if people still wanted or needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    With so much going on I wasn't sure if people still wanted or needed it.
    Definitely yes to both!

Hey Jaxilon, a new user asking questions triggered my memory about this thread. Were you ever able to go back and revisit it for GCA5?

I started to look at it but I think with the changes I may need to redo pretty much everything.

I haven't forgotten but I haven't had much time for any of my passion projects. I recently received some extra responsibilities that have been taking up all of my free time. I THINK that may relax a bit next week but I'm going to have to wait and see.

Also, seeing as it looks like I need to redo most of this, I will look for ways to make it better going forward.

I do appreciate the nudge as it reminds me that someone other than myself wants to use it as well.

PS. the layout and data of what is exported from GCA is changed enough that I have to verify what I can still do.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; May 19th, 2022 at 06:18.

Thread Information