DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last

FG GURPS Mod Maker - for drag-n-drop items

Barring some hang up, ronnke is looking to drop the updates for the new ruleset including drag-n-drop items as previously discussed soon, maybe even some time this week. If not, well, at least you will be ready.

That being the case, I'm sharing an app I created that creates items either from scratch or using exported data from GURPS Character Assistant. It is a windows app but I'm curious about trying to cross-port it. I haven't done that before but if I can I'll be sure to update the information.

So, until something better comes along to do all this...

Here are the links and video tutorials. If you have any questions or issues I'll do my best to help but remember I have a day job so I can only do the best I can.

These videos are my first foray so I hope they aren't completely terrible.

An introduction to Fantasy Grounds GURPS Mod Maker.

How to create items using GURPS Character Assistant.

To import from GURPS Character Sheet follow the same tutorial for GURPS Character Assistant except instead of clicking GCA Import:

1 - select Options> GCS Import
    2 - Navigate to one of the .eqp files (default installation location = C:\Program Files\GURPS Character Sheet\app\Library\Equipment\)

Download the Fantasy Grounds GURPS Mod Maker here.

Hopefully I have all those links setup right. If not, I'll be keeping a close eye out to fix it, just let me know.

Happy gaming GURPSers!

UPDATE INFO
    v 1.0.0.2 10/29/2019 : Minor xml textual modifications required for FGU - just redownload the mod maker and reinstall. FG Classic also works with this.
    v 1.0.0.3 11/27/2019 : added some sorting to make the xml a little easier to read, not that many people will need to.
    v 1.0.0.4 03/08/2020 : Updated to allow import from GURPS Character Sheet.
    v 1.0.0.5 03/13/2020 : Fixed bug where some items where created with leading space in damage field which caused issues with damage parsing.
    v 1.0.0.6 03/28/2020 : Vehicles added, Animals included in Items file under "Mount", toggle to create read-only .mod files, resolved some buggy items, minor refinements.
    v 1.0.0.7 03/29/2020 : bug fixes to vehicle xml file, corrected repeat information in Notes field.
    v 1.0.0.8 04/09/2020 : Fixed vanishing colors. Some bugs. ADDED ability to import TRAITS from GCS (beta feature).
    v 1.0.0.9 04/15/2020 : Added ABILITIES and reworked several things with Traits, items and so on. I think that means you can now populate everything in FG.
    v 1.0.1.0 _same day_ : It now automatically uninstalls the previous version. Having to manually uninstall annoyed me.
    v 1.0.2.0 04/18/2020 : Creates zip file out of memory instead of writing to disk first. Fixed weight to get rid of "lbs" as that caused FG to not show it, removed special characters from filenames, imports GCS Tactical Shooting now.
    v 1.0.3.0 04/22//2020 : Update to correctly populate Spell resist. it was after the "/" in spell cost before.
    v 2.0.0.0 08/11//2021 : Quality of life update as requested. Also, migrated to .NET 5.0
    v 2.0.0.0 08/13//2021 : Forgot to update the version number but fixed a bug creating armor items as weight of 45 rather than 4.5
    v 2.0.0.1 08/14//2021 : Updated the version number and fixed issues with some Armor items ending up as Equipment. You may need to manually Uninstall the previous version if you find nothing seemed to change.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; August 14th, 2021 at 22:39.

I have uploaded an update to better handle directory issues that were causing problems for some of us. Re-download the Mod Maker from the link above. You may have to uninstall the previous version in order to install this one.

I may not have mentioned it in the video but you can change the directory you write to by double clicking the text box containing "Directory to save to". The original default was my own special folder but it now defaults to your user documents folder.

Additionally, there are tool tips on a lot of things so if in doubt try hovering over an item to see if there is a helpful hint. I'll continue updating as I get feedback and as I have time.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; October 2nd, 2019 at 16:57.

I will try this "new" version

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I will try this "new" version
    I appreciate your testing since as the developer I tend to use it the way I intended but that may not be the way others do things.

This is awesome! Thanks you for all your hard work!

As an extra benefit, by watching your video I learned a couple of things about GCA4!

One thing I am curious about is importing arrows etc. as an item. The ammo counter decrements when the attack dice on the weapon are rolled, but that isn't linked to the actual arrow. Is there any way to address this?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    This is awesome! Thanks you for all your hard work!

As an extra benefit, by watching your video I learned a couple of things about GCA4!

One thing I am curious about is importing arrows etc. as an item. The ammo counter decrements when the attack dice on the weapon are rolled, but that isn't linked to the actual arrow. Is there any way to address this?
    Thanks and you are welcome.

As far as I know there is no connection between Ammo and the combat tabs however it will count down. Of course, items like an Atlatl which use Darts or Javelins are an extra challenge. I haven't looked at Dingo's tactical extension but I think I recall there being something about ammo in there. At some point it would be nice to add a link between items in Inventory and the ammo however. I can almost see how that might be done but...I gotta get back to my own gaming at some point

I'll kick it around my brain, who knows. I think it would require the Ammo field being relocated to each Mode. Then when you fired the mode it would deduct that ammo associated with it.
    Maybe ronnke has something else he's going to add into the roll out?
    Last edited by Jaxilon; October 2nd, 2019 at 21:40.

Jaxilon, the software works fine, after the corrections, thanks for your dedication.
    Now I'm wating the release of the new version of the GURPS Ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Jaxilon, the software works fine, after the corrections, thanks for your dedication.
    Now I'm wating the release of the new version of the GURPS Ruleset.
    Awesome, glad to hear it.

@Jaxilon

I tried the entire routine using GCA4 and seem to be doing something wrong. I don't have the attack modes properly populated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    @Jaxilon

I tried the entire routine using GCA4 and seem to be doing something wrong. I don't have the attack modes properly populated.
    You look like you're in pretty good shape but as far as I know ronnke hasn't rolled out the GURPS ruleset updated to take advantage of the new stuff yet.

Thread Information