DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 15 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    I've seen some comments about Spells/Powers/etc not having damage and while this is basically true you can drag them to your Abilities and open the "Triangle Icon" to get most of the details you need. Because most of these have damage that changes based on effort put into them (read energy or whatever) you would need to calculate that for each use.

Giegerman mentioned setting them up as weapons (melee/ranged) and then you could create modifiers to indicate how much effort you used and just use that attack damage. I think this is how I would do it.

If there is some way to make this better let me know and if possible I'll see what I can do.

I greatly appreciate your efforts on this and I am content with the way things are. If possible I'd prefer to be able to directly add damage to a spell instead of creating it as a melee or ranged attack. If not, no worries though.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Also, and this may just be wishful thinking, is there a way to create a template as a set of skills and abilities that are just drug onto a character and dropped there all at once? I know there are some templates with things like, "choose this skill OR this skill," but maybe those could be in a pop-up screen that allowed the player to choose the one or they could both be added. I am not asking for the templates themselves to be made available only for there to be a way to create a template that is drag n drop. If not, no worries, it was just something I was wondering about.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Also, and this may just be wishful thinking, is there a way to create a template as a set of skills and abilities that are just drug onto a character and dropped there all at once? I know there are some templates with things like, "choose this skill OR this skill," but maybe those could be in a pop-up screen that allowed the player to choose the one or they could both be added. I am not asking for the templates themselves to be made available only for there to be a way to create a template that is drag n drop. If not, no worries, it was just something I was wondering about.
    As for the damage being on the ability, that may be doable but it would need to be added into the ruleset. Also, how would you plan to select what level of energy to put into it? That would be a variable every time. Sure, you might usually use 2 ep or whatever but there could be times when you would want to use 6.
    I guess it seems like an easy fit if we just reused the "Modes" & "modifiers" already built into the melee and ranged weapons. This way you could have say "Lightning" with Modes of 1 ep, 2 ep, 3 ep complete with damages that match. Otherwise, you have to have Lighting in the abilities tab multiple times as something like "Lightning 1 ep", "Lighting 2 ep", etc. I guess it doesn't matter a lot either way.

For now though, there is no such connection and you'd have to just calculate it same as you would if you were sitting around the table. It's not horrible but I get it.

As to the dragging template sets of skills I think that would require quite a bit of extra code to the ruleset. Maybe it's a thought for an Extension? I don't think I would ever need it though. You can already create characters in GCA or GCS to export and import into FG so it seems like a lot of work for a pretty small payout.

Not saying it won't and/or can't be done. I'm just thinking it might have to fall into someone's passion project.

On the other hand, you could easily create a character in GCA with the name of "Urban Thief" for example, export that to XML (as you would for any other Mod Maker stuff) then import it into the Mod Maker to create a book called "Urban Thief". Then open that in FG and allow the player to just drag each item to the character sheet. It's not currently automated to apply them all at once but it would probably only take a minute of dragging and dropping.

I might have to play around with that last idea. I haven't tried using it that way but I think it would work.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; May 18th, 2020 at 03:04.

Much appreciated and I like the idea of creating a GCA character to serve as a template to drag from. I'll give it a go when I have the chance.

I like idea of this. One thing to ask...Are you planning to add Advantages, skills and disadvantages to this?

I did the following, I created a "magic" attack
    In the mode I put the type of attack example: lightning ~ 1 to represent that it is spending 1 point of energy, so in the ctd I put 1, however in the shots I put how much I am using energy, and in the ammunition I put the value of my gem , when she will start to consume my fatigue, but then it starts to be done manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Theros View Post
    I like idea of this. One thing to ask...Are you planning to add Advantages, skills and disadvantages to this?
    They are in there. They show up in FG under Abilities and Traits. Provided of course, you have created the .mod for them.

First of all, I've recently acquired and loved this application after getting into GURPS during quarantine. Thanks for all your work!

Second, I just learned that as of yesterday, GCS has updated to v. 4.2, and its library format has been changed to JSON format with its own upgrade to v 2. This breaks compatibility with the mod maker, and I'm unsure as to what changes are required to fix it again. Fortunately, I have some core modules already created for my upcoming game, but that'll teach me to read the patch notes before upgrading.
    Last edited by duncansouth; July 11th, 2020 at 09:45. Reason: removing a lost word

Sorry, i've been preoccupied and am only reading this now. I am wondering how I'm missing it in my email notifications but that's another story.

I'll see if I can take a look at it. Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Information