FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 15 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    GCS import with the .eqp file is throwing an error for me. Where am I making a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by theshakey01 View Post
    GCS import with the .eqp file is throwing an error for me. Where am I making a mistake?
    Are you using a new (v2.0+) version of the GCS library? If so, your library is in JSON format, which the program doesn't recognize. Your best bet for now is to download an old, XML version of the library, and use that.

Some advantage or perk is messing things up, but it's not the xml that's complaining

Hi,
    I'm not sure why I can't convert the file that I have; it gives me all the raw data, but none of the perks or advantages are converting; when I click convert or import the file I get the error.

Thanks!
    Fezzik

Screenshot 2020-10-24 233720.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-24 233406.jpg
    Anybody want a peanut!

Okay I was able to get this working with GCA, but if I create a custom weapon with a 1d+3 burn damage as a short sword it does not carry over the damage and it defaults to the sw-1. Is this a known issue or am I making a mistake with how I am manually creating the weapon? Thanks again

Deleted some empty ones (I think the cultural familiarty and language advantages as they are in GCA don't work right); and commented a line about "one skill" in the xml and it seems to convert now.
    Anybody want a peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik Buttercup View Post
    Hi,
    I'm not sure why I can't convert the file that I have; it gives me all the raw data, but none of the perks or advantages are converting; when I click convert or import the file I get the error.

Thanks!
    Fezzik

Screenshot 2020-10-24 233720.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-24 233406.jpg
    Sorry it took me a bit of time to get back to you all.

If you can message me the file you are trying to use it should help me to find the issue more quickly. Thanks!

Off the top of my head, on that first screenshot you shared, I'm almost certain you have to have names in there otherwise there will be issues.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; November 3rd, 2020 at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by theshakey01 View Post
    Okay I was able to get this working with GCA, but if I create a custom weapon with a 1d+3 burn damage as a short sword it does not carry over the damage and it defaults to the sw-1. Is this a known issue or am I making a mistake with how I am manually creating the weapon? Thanks again
    Was this a weapon you created inside GCA? TBH I haven't done a lot of testing with home grown items. I have a few from my own campaign that seem to work but most likely it is either missing the right link inside GCA or my program doesn't handle it. If you can send me a copy of the weapon for GCA I can play around with it myself and see what I find.

I have been kind of busy with other stuff lately but I do have bells going off in the back of my head about getting back to some updates on this. Especially accepting json files.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; November 3rd, 2020 at 00:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Sorry it took me a bit of time to get back to you all.

If you can message me the file you are trying to use it should help me to find the issue more quickly. Thanks!

Off the top of my head, on that first screenshot you shared, I'm almost certain you have to have names in there otherwise there will be issues.
    The skill that had the issue was Guns (something or other) it had normal things behind it in brackets, then a 1 outside the brackets... I think the 1 was screwing things up. Once I deleted that and redid the gca for import it worked fine. It was a few days ago,so I'm not sure what the skill was exactly but it was the very last G out of all the G skills in the entire library.
    Anybody want a peanut!

I can't get this to work in GCS at all. I've exported it to all the different XML options and nothing happens. Is there some sort of trick to this? I don't know a thing about software, I just know it can save it as the GCS file and export to 4 different types of Fantasy Ground XML, PDF, HTML.

I'd use GCA but it really isn't supported by SJG and I hate running around trying to find the proper Data Sets for it instead of getting it from the company that sold it.

I'm reading something about a JML? So I guess I will wait for the software to be updated.

*EDIT*

So reinstalled GCA exported to XML that worked the Mod Maker imported them, then exported it, I loaded the module into the Fantasy Grounds. I give it to a character, equip it, and it adds the weight but it doesn't show up in the combat section at all. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Papa Bear; December 21st, 2020 at 07:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    I can't get this to work in GCS at all. I've exported it to all the different XML options and nothing happens. Is there some sort of trick to this? I don't know a thing about software, I just know it can save it as the GCS file and export to 4 different types of Fantasy Ground XML, PDF, HTML.

I'd use GCA but it really isn't supported by SJG and I hate running around trying to find the proper Data Sets for it instead of getting it from the company that sold it.

I'm reading something about a JML? So I guess I will wait for the software to be updated.

*EDIT*

So reinstalled GCA exported to XML that worked the Mod Maker imported them, then exported it, I loaded the module into the Fantasy Grounds. I give it to a character, equip it, and it adds the weight but it doesn't show up in the combat section at all. What am I doing wrong?
    The software is not compatible with any version of the GCS library after 2.0, since GCS changed its data format from XML to JSON with 2.0. To import data from GCS, download the library version 1.3.0, unzip it, and have the program use that. All releases can be found here : https://github.com/richardwilkes/gcs...s?after=v2.0.1

As for your weapon not showing up, make sure that you press the icon on the right of the character entry, so it shows as "equipped" (armor icon) and not just "carried" (bag icon).

Thread Information