FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    btw, in the mean time you can still use the xml files. Just make a copy of them before you upgrade.

Spells

Okay first of all thank you for this great program and using your free time to help the community.

I play a lot of fantasy in GURPS and so far everything except for spells is converting fine. I'm using GCS and any time I try to load one of the spell files into your program nothing happens. I'm not getting a error it just opens but the list stays empty.
    I'm using the latest version of your program and the latest ruleset with FGU. Also I'm using the GCS Master Library 1.3.0. I'll attach the main file I want to convert although any of the spell files won't load for me.

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by deathbane2626 View Post
    Okay first of all thank you for this great program and using your free time to help the community.

I play a lot of fantasy in GURPS and so far everything except for spells is converting fine. I'm using GCS and any time I try to load one of the spell files into your program nothing happens. I'm not getting a error it just opens but the list stays empty.
    I'm using the latest version of your program and the latest ruleset with FGU. Also I'm using the GCS Master Library 1.3.0. I'll attach the main file I want to convert although any of the spell files won't load for me.

Thank you for your time.
    I just read this but I'll try to take and get back to you as soon as I can. I'm a bit busy right now but maybe by this weekend at the latest. I'm pretty sure this should be working.

Ok, well, I just used your file and it worked alright on mine, however I had been doing some tweaking with the idea of ingesting the newer json files so I can't promise it's not a bug.

However, here is the .mod file with your stuff.

Thank you very much for taking the time to convert the file for me.
    Take care.

I tried to import a bunch of items, and it's working for the basics. But if I set the subtypes on things before I Export from the tool, it does not push those subtypes to the mod. First I set the subtypes on the (FREX) weapons tab, and discovered that didn't work. The I set them on the raw tab and Converted, which did port the subtypes over to the weapons tab, but still didn't export them. Am I missing something? I'm afraid I'm going to have to do it by hand in the XML.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    I tried to import a bunch of items, and it's working for the basics. But if I set the subtypes on things before I Export from the tool, it does not push those subtypes to the mod. First I set the subtypes on the (FREX) weapons tab, and discovered that didn't work. The I set them on the raw tab and Converted, which did port the subtypes over to the weapons tab, but still didn't export them. Am I missing something? I'm afraid I'm going to have to do it by hand in the XML.
    Can you send me a copy of a file you are trying to import so I can take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Can you send me a copy of a file you are trying to import so I can take a look?
    Attached. Pretty sure everything imports fine, I'm just having trouble with assigning the subtypes
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Any plans to update this to be compatible with GCS' new .json file format?

Quote Originally Posted by neck View Post
    Any plans to update this to be compatible with GCS' new .json file format?
    Yes to plans but time is more at issue right now.

Thread Information