FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 15 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    [QUOTE=neck;566223
    As for your weapon not showing up, make sure that you press the icon on the right of the character entry, so it shows as "equipped" (armor icon) and not just "carried" (bag icon).[/QUOTE]

Be aware that it won't add the skill (yet) to the combat tab version, just the item. It does calculate the damage though
    Anybody want a peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik Buttercup View Post
    Be aware that it won't add the skill (yet) to the combat tab version, just the item. It does calculate the damage though
    And if that doesn't work, please share a copy of your .mod file and I'll take a look.

On a side note there was mentioned GCA as not being supported by SJG however as far as I know it is the only one they sell. GCS seems to have their go ahead but I don't think SJG get anything out of it so quite frankly I think SJG is being quite decent in allowing us to have all these great tools.

Hello there,

I just found this utility and it is potentially really great. But I am getting an error trying to convert from GCA to the mod file. It imports fine, no rejections, but when I try to export it throws
    ystem.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'FantasyGroundsLib.FG_Classes.Zipperitto.AllIsWell '.
    at FantGrounds.ModMakerForm.ExportToMod(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 m

and honestly that is way out of my depth. What is the AllIsWell field that it isn't finding? Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'll have to check my notifications because I just happened to check in and saw this. I hate that it's been a few days since you posted but better late than never I guess.

I just ran it myself and I don't get this error can you help me duplicate it? What were you importing? If you have a copy of the GCA file you are importing and don't mind sharing it with me I can dig into it.

Tbh, I've been meaning to get back to this anyway since the GCS stuff changed.

edit: to answer the question the AllIsWell is a boolean so I have a feeling the error message may be misleading in this case.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; June 10th, 2021 at 04:19.

So, returning back to this after a long time, I have a quality of life question.

I'm trying to pull in all the low tech armors using GCA -> modmaker -> FGU.

At the end of the process, I end up with (in FGU),

"Cloth, Padded (Abdomen) Abdomen"
    "Cloth, Padded (Chest) Chest"

Is there a way to easily remove the redundancy, so that it just says "Cloth, Padded (Abdomen)" or "Cloth, Padded Abdomen" ?

When I go into modmaker, I see there are two fields that have the same information, name and nameext. I don't see an easy way to delete one column of entries as a group as I might do in Excel. Right now I have to do it manually for each entry, which is fine, but I thought I would ask before I proceeded since there are about 400 entries.

I guess i might as well ask whether it is ok to do this? Will it cause some problem down the line? I could just suck it up and deal with it.

But, if it is ok to edit the entires, is it preferable to shorten "Jack of Plates (Forearms)" to "Jack of Plates" in the name field and keep the nameext field untouched?

Or is it ok to delete all the entries in the nameext fields?

Thank you.
    Last edited by seycyrus; June 13th, 2021 at 17:15.

Well, you can certainly mess with stuff in Mod Maker. You can always just reimport if it doesn't come out as expected. Another option is to open the zip file, go to the xml file and find/replace if that might be easier.
    I'll mess with it myself and see if anything slick might be done about it.

edit: dug a little more into this and I believe the reason is that not all data files are equal. In other words, if I leave the nameext off then we could be missing useful information. However, I think I can make a comparison and eliminate one or the other when they are the same.
    I was thinking at first I'd prefer to see this bit of information in the ellipsis but please give me your input. I'll probably look to make a few more updates before uploading anything but lets see how it goes.

edit2: Seems to work: Cloth, Padded (Abdomen), Cloth, Padded (Arms), and so on.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; June 16th, 2021 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    That looks like what I wanted, thanks! What other updates are in the works?

And btw, have you heard that GCA5 will be a real thing soonish?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    That looks like what I wanted, thanks! What other updates are in the works?

And btw, have you heard that GCA5 will be a real thing soonish?
    Well, I was looking at updating the GCS import section but in my initial quick examination it seems the data is not readily available.
    I did see data files seem to be available on the project's git hub but needing to go there and download ahead of time seems like too much. Maybe I missed something.

I had heard about GCA5 like a year ago but I haven't been keeping up with it so I don't know the status.

I may just go ahead and roll out the small update I did for your 'quality of life' so you don't have to wait. Probably this weekend.

Currently GCA 5 is in open beta version and the version it has is 5.0.0.147

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    ... I'll probably look to make a few more updates before uploading anything but lets see how it goes.

Hey Jaxilon, did you ever upload a new version that eliminates stuff like "Cloth, Padded (Arms) Arms"?

Thread Information