5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Local mode (i.e. Manage Characters) is always a bit quirky for me. So, I tend to rarely use it for anything other than viewing characters already in campaigns when I am disconnected. It's not the easiest thing to account for because you have characters created with content you probably don't have access to because your GM has paid for it, but you haven't.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Also, I would say that we would need to see an export of the characters to see what is going on
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I would attach an export of the sheet from manage characters, then export it again from inside the campaign. Also some screen shots from the campaign with the circled/highlighted errors would make tracking this down the easiest.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The original export file would be best. Then, we can see if the data got exported incorrectly, for imported incorrectly, or something else is going on.

Regards,
    JPG

I dont use Manager Characters for editing.
    For making a new character I just use normal campaign login, create and export. Then email the GM the XML file for him to import.
    If I need to update a character already in a GMs campaign, thats when I use Manager Char, I find the campaign and then export my character, then login as normal and import it to my local campaign. Make any changes needed, then export it and send the XML to the GM for approval and he imports it into the campaign.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thanks Samarex, that's what I've figured out since posting. It's a simple workaround, better to leave any programmers out there to work on Unity than something as small as this. Enjoy!

I'm having the same import/export issue with ability scores appearing as 10's on import. The export XML contains the correct data.
    Ultimate Classic and Unity Licenses
    EST (East Coast US)

Discord: Draco#7793

Any update on fixing this import issue? This has been ongoing for months with no resolution, will it ever be fixed?

Just to clarify the problem I am seeing:
    I import a character xml into my managed characters.
    I check the character over and it looks fine.
    I then join the DM's game and import my character from my managed characters.
    When I check the character on the DM's game it looks fine to me, but the DM states my abilities are set to 10.
    Logout and back in, my characters ability scores are set to 10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nielsonmc View Post
    Any update on fixing this import issue? This has been ongoing for months with no resolution, will it ever be fixed?

Just to clarify the problem I am seeing:
    I import a character xml into my managed characters.
    I check the character over and it looks fine.
    I then join the DM's game and import my character from my managed characters.
    When I check the character on the DM's game it looks fine to me, but the DM states my abilities are set to 10.
    Logout and back in, my characters ability scores are set to 10.
    What version of FG are you using? What version is your GM using?
    What ruleset are you playing? What version is the ruleset?
    What extensions does your GM have loaded?
    Can you please post the character XML files from both before the import (when things look right) and after rejoining the campaign when they are wrong?
    Also, was the character created wholly in FG or was it created using an import or converter from another character creator?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    What version of FG are you using? What version is your GM using?
    What ruleset are you playing? What version is the ruleset?
    What extensions does your GM have loaded?
    Can you please post the character XML files from both before the import (when things look right) and after rejoining the campaign when they are wrong?
    Also, was the character created wholly in FG or was it created using an import or converter from another character creator?
    I have the same problem. I am DM, I have Ultimate license. No modules or extensions. My player has created a character using Demo version. He connected, and imported it using PC window, it shows up but I see all his abilities as 10, he sees them as what they are. I also see his character, and another unnamed character in both the top right and the Character Selection window.

Thread Information