DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Party sheet imported characters showing incorrect scores

Hi,

Our DM has moved characters into the party sheet but all the charater scores are showing as 10's. Is there something we've done wrong in terms of moving the characters over?

Thanks

What ruleset are you using?

How did the DM move the PCs to the party sheet? Where did he drag them from?

It would be useful to provide a screenshot of the party sheet and a couple of the PC sheets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ruleset 5e

Drag from top left to Party Sheet

Sadly I can't seem to post the screenshot, this is one of my first posts so I'm not sure if there's a post requirement to unlock adding images

Quote Originally Posted by nixxrite View Post
    Sadly I can't seem to post the screenshot, this is one of my first posts so I'm not sure if there's a post requirement to unlock adding images
    Click the "Go Advanced" button when replying to get a toolbar that allows attachments to be uploaded.

Also, what extensions are you running?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Go advanced doesn't give me a toolbar, I'm assuming it's my low post count again.

Not sure on the extensions, mods we're running are PHB5e and I believe the dm is running HotDQ from wizards too. Not sure there's much else other than that.

What we have noticed is that it's only for imported characters. We've gone back to previous levelled server owned characters and the details are correct. as a work around we've updated these characters. So i'm guessing there was something wrong with the recent import.
    Last edited by nixxrite; October 1st, 2019 at 23:38.

Quote Originally Posted by nixxrite View Post
    Go advanced doesn't give me a toolbar, I'm assuming it's my low post count again.
    Make sure you're not viewing the website in module mode - if you are, click "Full Site" at the bottom of the page.

Your attachments will need approving because of a low post count, but you should still be able to add attachments.

When you are replying, click the "Go Advanced" button to the bottom right of the reply window. This will give you a new reply window with a lot more buttons at the top. Click the paperclip button to be able to attach files:

Attached Images Attached Images

May be you have some format data copied as well.

Apologies for the late reply, it was getting late in the UK. Yes, for some reason the Chrome browser on the latop showed the mobile version of the site which is odd.

I've attached the Party sheet, we have one character showing ability scores as 10's with zero modifiers and a second character showing ability scores as 10's with the correct modifiers.

For the bottom two charaters we loaded earlier server versions and updated on the server so that corrected the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last night we had a similar situation.

Just some background first:
    We are starting a new 5E campaign. Yesterday we started moving characters from offline to Fantasy Grounds. The GM created a new 5E campaign in FG, afaik without any extensions.
    Since I have Ultimate and most 5E rulebooks, I had my character prepared with the character manager previously, mostly in order to export it and create a PDF, because we started the first part of the campaign as a F2F round. Which worked quite nicely.
    For the same reason another player asked me if we could create her character in FG as well. I had a campaign open, she connected we created the character, exported it and created the PDF.

Yesterday when I connected to the new GM (also Ultimate) I could just pick my previously created character.
    The character for the other player was not available. So I went back to the character manager, imported the XML there, reconnected to the GM and was now able to also pick the second character. Our GM cleared ownership of the second character and the other player could now use her character. She has FG demo and as far as I know this doesn't allow for character management, that's why I imported her character, too.

The only strange thing was, both our imported characters had all abilities reset to 10. Wasn't a big deal to fix this quickly, but it was strange.

Both characters are and were fine in my character managing mode.

I just did the exact same thing as Speculi described with the same result. I created a character in manage mode on my son's free version. Then went into my Ultimate login on a diff computer, imported the character and have all its abilities at 10 even though that is not the case when they were created and saved. I'm assuming I'm just not experienced enough and am doing something wrong. What am i missing??

Thread Information