DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    A goblin can one-shot a 1st-level PC. A hobgoblin working with an ally will almost definitely one-shot a PC.
    I suggest you play a little more 5e before trying to make encounters. The monsters are different from previous editions.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Did I understand the DM guide badly, or FG does not apply the multiplier according to the number of monsters?
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Did I understand the DM guide badly, or FG does not apply the multiplier according to the number of monsters?
    FG doesn't add a multiplier. It just adds up the XP of all the monsters in the encounter.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The multiplier is for determining encounter difficulty, not for awarding XP. FG's XP tracking is for awarding XP, not for determining encounter difficulty. There is (used to be) an extension that would change this for you, but I haven't heard it mentioned in a long time so it may no longer be supported or work. You can check the stickies to see if it is still listed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You should also be aware the stuff in the DMG about encounter balancing with number of creatures in't that good after 1st level in my opinion. If you have "Xanther's Guide to Everything" I would use those encounter building instructions. They basically ignore the multiplier.

This is the most workable version of a CR system I've seen: https://theangrygm.com/how-to-f-cr-practical-example-1/
    AngryGM gives a way of plotting it out that is very simple and fast. You can use his guidelines for tweaking monsters or creating new ones or just re-scaling existing ones if they are too good or too weak.

Again, it is crazy fast and simple, unlike all the other systems I've seen.

So there is this extension that helps by telling if you made a trivial, medium hard, deadly encounter at the click of a button. It is good to understand how to make encounter and do the math yourself but I found this a big help. It for 5e only I believe.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Calc-(updated)

Hope this helps.

I've made an Excel sheet in the meantime, but this extension is even better
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

I've made an Excel sheet in the meantime, but this extension is even better
    Glad it helped.

Thread Information