FG Spreadshirt Swag

Upgrading old campaign from d20_JPG to Pathfinder rules

Okay . . .

So I've been gone a while. I've maintained my subscription, though (thought it was Ultimate, but apparently isn't now; different issue, not the point). Now I'd like to tinker with my old Pathfinder campaign. However, back when I created it, there was no Pathfinder ruleset; I had to create it in a modified ruleset called d20_jpg. So before I dump a lot of time trying to cram it into the shiny new modern FGII, I figured I'd just ask: can it be upgraded? Or do I just scrap it and start over (learning the new FGII along the way)?

I appreciate any help y'all might have, and hope to be around a little more regularly now.

Although the developers have remained the same, there's been a lot of changes since way back then. Images and story entries should come across mostly complete. But you'll probably find that there are some data issues for PCs and NPCs and maybe items too - but some data should come across.

What comes across will depend on exactly what you have in your campaign. Best approach is to make a backup of your original campaign, rename the <ruleset> in the campaign.xml file to PFRPG and load it up and see what happens...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, I tried that. It loaded with, like you said, most of the story and images intact. But I started getting errors with things like attempting to reference a unique magic item I created (invalid class (gear: item.id-00001)), and some actions not working because the d20 Equipment module was not loaded (not sure how to load it). If there's a method or tool to automatically adjust those entries, that would be great. But if I have to go through and recode each item and entry individually, then it's probably not worth it. I think I'd just copy/paste the story content to a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by King Joey View Post
    ... because the d20 Equipment module was not loaded (not sure how to load it).
    Try this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm. Still giving me the invalid item.id-00001, and telling me the d20 Equipment module is not loaded. I can't seem to find the d20 Equipment module; is it now defunct?

Quote Originally Posted by King Joey View Post
    Hmm. Still giving me the invalid item.id-00001, and telling me the d20 Equipment module is not loaded. I can't seem to find the d20 Equipment module; is it now defunct?
    The Universal Module extension will just allow you to open modules from other rulesets, it won't provide any further compatibility.

If the module you're missing was a purchased module, check your order history. Or your modules directory if you have a backup of your FG app data directory.

If it was a module available via the community, then I'm not sure if it's still available somewhere.

Thread Information