STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: bug/glitch pvp

bug/glitch pvp

one of the players is undead and the other has bane undead, but when the player whos a dragon attacks the undead player this code does not work, but when i do it as the GM it does work, so heres the code with pics
    IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 2d6

this is when i the GM roll the damage vs the undead player
    Glitch (GM).PNG

and this is when the player rolls the damage vs the undead player
    Glitch.PNG

What extensions are you using?

Are you using this one? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ve-versus-tags

In base FG, I don't think the IFT: type conditional effect works against PCs. I believe it only looks at the creature type field in a NPC record. I don't know if any of the extensions you're using would impact that. Try it without any extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just tested it without extensions (since he uses at least my extension seemingly; just in case he didn't turn that off). This bug also happens without any extensions, so player versus player attacks can not check the other PCs type properly. Naively I assume that is due to the data base because the player does not have the data of the other player; e.g. when that one player controls both player characters (or the undead hits himself with undead bane) then it works again on client side Therefore I assume that is due to how the data is stored at the client (especially no information about the race types of other PCs) as you also already suggested (but I didn't look into the code now to confirm my assumption; my extension gladly does not cause it seemingly )

Looking at the 3.5E ruleset code, isCreatureType does check data in the "race" field of the character database record if it's a PC. Based off this, Kelrugem is probably correct - a player who doesn't own that PC can't access that data, but a GM can.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Looking at the 3.5E ruleset code, isCreatureType does check data in the "race" field of the character database record if it's a PC. Based off this, Kelrugem is probably correct - a player who doesn't own that PC can't access that data, but a GM can.
    ah, thanks for the confirmation by looking at the code

cool i though it was the extension i was using and im only using the extension made by Kelrugem, i hope that gets fixed, one reason as kelrugem pointed out while we where taking is what if one of the players gets mind control and attacks another, even if he wasnt undead lets say he was a human attacking an elf with IFT: TYPE(elf); DMG: 2d6, it wouldnt work, but im glad y'all figured out why it didnt work, now i can tel my players its not there PC bugging out hehehe

Thread Information