DICE PACKS BUNDLE

making check boxes

Hi Everyone,

I have been slowly teaching myself to modify a ruleset and found that an extension to CoreRPG was the most complicated my brain could cope with while slowly building it up. I'd like to have some small check boxes next to a list of skills like the Call of Cthulhu ruleset, but my usual method of painstakingly pick apart existing rulesets to figure out how to do something has hit a snag in that the Call of Cthulhu ruleset code appears to be hidden somehow. Is it possible to view this? Or can someone point me to a ruleset or extension that has this feature.

I believe it is a buttonfield I'm looking for but I'm clueless enough that it may not be.

appreciate any hints

Dave

Blog Entries
    Have a look at some of the World Of Darkness or Vampire the Masquerade community rulesets that are floating about.
    At least one of them has checkboxes from memory.

Do a search in unpacked CoreRPG for button_checkbox. That will give you a radio check box. That is at least the one I like to use for my check boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Have a look at some of the World Of Darkness or Vampire the Masquerade community rulesets that are floating about.
    At least one of them has checkboxes from memory.

Thanks Damned, and thanks so much for sharing your experience more broadly so generously too. I started out trying to get Pendragon going in moreCore and it was amazing, but frankly morecore was so comprehensive I was getting lost in the layers and I wasn’t understanding how it all fit together. For my own learning journey I had to start again with vanilla CoreRPG so I could teach myself the absolute basics. It’s very slow going (i’m Starting from a zero base) but every 3-4 hours I put into it I have a minor epiphany and understand the XML a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Do a search in unpacked CoreRPG for button_checkbox. That will give you a radio check box. That is at least the one I like to use for my check boxes.
    Thanks super Teddy! I found a few different bits of button code, in CoreRPG, but i’m Not sure if that was one of them. i’ll Search all files for that when I get home tonight!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubel View Post
    Thanks Damned, and thanks so much for sharing your experience more broadly so generously too. I started out trying to get Pendragon going in moreCore and it was amazing, but frankly morecore was so comprehensive I was getting lost in the layers and I wasn’t understanding how it all fit together. For my own learning journey I had to start again with vanilla CoreRPG so I could teach myself the absolute basics. It’s very slow going (i’m Starting from a zero base) but every 3-4 hours I put into it I have a minor epiphany and understand the XML a little better.
    If you can put time into it regularly you will make good progress after a time.
    Im no programmer and when I put it down for 2 weeks I forget everything!
    Little epiphanies are awesome.

Thanks guys!!! managed to create a new template using the button_checkbox from core to do exactly what i wanted!

Thread Information