FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Fiasco

See link to screen shots in post 4 above. It is functional and about as simple (which is to say a bit complicated) as that Roll20 set up.

Working to simplify so set up is faster and cleaner.

Image0001.JPG
    Finished up converting FIASCO, and I "think" I've created a good game table.

I still haven't tested it out (nor have I played FIASCO in a long while) but I think it's pretty usable as-is.

I'd be curious to know what problems you had or unique solutions you've created for your FIASCO game on Fantasy Grounds.
    Last edited by zombielord; January 25th, 2020 at 21:27.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Image0001.JPG
    Finished up converting FIASCO, and I "think" I've created a good game table.

I still haven't tested it out (nor have I played FIASCO in a long while) but I think it's pretty usable as-is.

I'd be curious to know what problems you had or unique solutions you've created for your FIASCO game on Fantasy Grounds.
    Looks sharp! Maybe we collaborate? Your cosmetics are great, and perhaps a couple alternative skins or tables would be nice to offer.

I will be working on some functionality stuff... GMing has been claiming what FG time I have but I will seek to reserve some for this project.

P.S. What do you say about hosting a Fiasco game for the upcoming FG-Con 16? That would give us a nice deadline to shoot for.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Sure. I'd be happy to collaborate.

No commitments just yet for me on FG-Con 16 (I'd like to, just gotta wait on my work schedule closer to time before I can commit). I am gonna put in for the time off, and try to get FIASCO completed with time to do a trial run or two by April 24th.

UPDATE:
    I'm also going to cross-testing everything with Fantasy Grounds Unity. Currently I've found 2 issues with FGU:
    #1. When building a book with Fantasy Grounds having the "&" in an image file name causes an error preventing the module to load. '<' is an unexpected token, Expected token is ';'. Simple fix is rename files to "And" instead of "&"
    #2. They hyphen character is missing and just shows a blank character box. I suspect it is because it's actually the hyphen glyph '–' (aka –) and not a standard dash (or minus) "-" symbol. Simple fix is to do a find and replace in the db.xml for "–" and replace it with "- "
    Last edited by zombielord; January 26th, 2020 at 20:52.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021

Hi there, I was wondering if any more headway was made on this? I was thinking about trying to get some folks together for fiasco with the current situation and was curious if any sort of module or such was available? If not, no worries, but given some of the images I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

zombielord and wyndhydra, I am hosting this game this Sunday morning in a very early time slot (US Eastern) if you'd like to join: see here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...417&ah=3&am=30

zombielord hopefully this gets me moving on the updates I envision for this ruleset to then incorporate with your work.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I can't this time (Please keep me in mind for future games though).
    On a related note I did get a game in of FIASCO using just the CoreRPG and the created graphics. It went pretty well, but there's alot of dice rolling automation that could be added (particularly with the whole dicepool aspect).

I'll definitely be re-visiting this after I finish up converting all the stuff for my ALIEN RPG game.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I can't this time (Please keep me in mind for future games though).
    On a related note I did get a game in of FIASCO using just the CoreRPG and the created graphics. It went pretty well, but there's alot of dice rolling automation that could be added (particularly with the whole dicepool aspect).

I'll definitely be re-visiting this after I finish up converting all the stuff for my ALIEN RPG game.
    Sounds great. (On dice pool automation, that’s above my head… So far I have been using dice tokens.)

Hector, I'd love to but also have plans for that day. If you plan on doing other times in the future please let me know and I will try and attend. I hope it goes great! I'm excited to see how it is going for both of you. I have got it generally organized in practice but have so far failed to get my group to play one. I long for that day...

Quote Originally Posted by wyndhydra View Post
    Hector, I'd love to but also have plans for that day. If you plan on doing other times in the future please let me know and I will try and attend. I hope it goes great! I'm excited to see how it is going for both of you. I have got it generally organized in practice but have so far failed to get my group to play one. I long for that day...
    No problem, will do!

Thread Information