DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Well, it doesn't begin shipping until June next year, assuming it stays on schedule.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    A write up about Tilt Five on Engadget; https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/24/...rter-hands-on/

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    And since we are all curious as to what the FG integration might be. Here's a response to this question on the KS from the TF CEO;
    Screen Shot 09-25-19 at 04.23 PM.PNG

I saw that but I have no idea how they will architecture that. People have been asking to be able to throw a map on another screen for ages to better support local play and you simply cannot do it because fantasy ground windows are not Windows. You have to open another client and use that to show the map but you cannot interact with it without cluttering up the screen with a bunch of other windows.

My guess they are sending the map window to the glasses like they would send a map to another player - that it does not actually function as just another display? They did mention display updates can be asynchronous they do not have to be frame rate locked.

There is currently zero support for doing anything 3D. The only thing I can think of here is that they have been quietly incorporating the Tabletop Connect code into the Unity engine despite them saying their FGU kickstarter was for feature parity only.

For those that are unaware they hired this guy that did this and we all got FG licenses instead. So if they rendered the dungeon scenes with this - I sure wish we had TableTop Connect and CastAR five years ago!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rtual-tabletop

My impression of Take5 is the hardware prototyping was already done at the end of CastAR, and we just never got it because they switched to making it into a portable gaming console and hiring a gaming studio which burned all their money. So I think all the R&D is done and now it is just the manufacturing phases to get thru. At least I hope that it is not another five years waiting....
    Last edited by yarnevk; September 26th, 2019 at 02:45.

Hey everyone, Amy here from Tilt Five. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know I'm around to answer any questions you may have about Tilt Five. :-)

Hi All,
    I'm Jeri one of the founders of Tilt Five. Our company is made up of gamers and RPG players and we're super excited about the partnership with Smiteworks and Doug(Great guy!) I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the technology!

Oh yeah.. Naturally, Amy beat me to the thread... She's pretty cool too...

Quote Originally Posted by Aimlia View Post
    Hey everyone, Amy here from Tilt Five. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know I'm around to answer any questions you may have about Tilt Five. :-)
    Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums Amy!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JeriEllsworth View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm Jeri one of the founders of Tilt Five. Our company is made up of gamers and RPG players and we're super excited about the partnership with Smiteworks and Doug(Great guy!) I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the technology!

Oh yeah.. Naturally, Amy beat me to the thread... She's pretty cool too...
    And welcome too Jeri!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Well, since you dropped in to say hello...
    I admit I haven't checked the KS FAQ in while, but can you tell us more about the integration (?) with FG? Not only how you envision it working, but when it fits into your timeline etc?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Well, since you dropped in to say hello...
    I admit I haven't checked the KS FAQ in while, but can you tell us more about the integration (?) with FG? Not only how you envision it working, but when it fits into your timeline etc?
    It's a little early to discuss what the final integration will look like because work has just started and I think the joy of sharing the final experience should be up to the FG team. The t5 system has many features that can apply to FG, so I suspect the integration will continually evolve into richer experiences. We've committed and prioritized our resources to make sure this integration is done for, or near our launch.

Thread Information