DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 19 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 Todo List

Can you look into fixing the player sheets? I can't resize them and they are cut off (expand on y, but not x). Also there are no ship shares slots and a bunch of other things that I think are needed (I have not played Traveller, but bought it to try it and found it super wanting). Additionally if you could have a character creator like the new 5e one that would be awesome. The closer you can get to https://rpgsuite.com/ the better, that tool is great. Also I usually work with small font (smaller than other people), but the button text on these is a bit rough. You have dead-space bettween the buttons and the Traveller logo on the bottom right so I suggest that you make the buttons bigger. There is so much dead-space and the font could at least be made bold.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottUlmer View Post
    Can you look into fixing the player sheets? I can't resize them and they are cut off (expand on y, but not x). Also there are no ship shares slots and a bunch of other things that I think are needed (I have not played Traveller, but bought it to try it and found it super wanting). Additionally if you could have a character creator like the new 5e one that would be awesome. The closer you can get to https://rpgsuite.com/ the better, that tool is great. Also I usually work with small font (smaller than other people), but the button text on these is a bit rough. You have dead-space bettween the buttons and the Traveller logo on the bottom right so I suggest that you make the buttons bigger. There is so much dead-space and the font could at least be made bold.
    Good Morning!,

Thanks for your post.

First thing, the Character Sheet. You say it needs 'fixing', I can look at doing something with 'x' but need more details please. Screen-shots would be ace.
    Next up, the 5E Character Wizard. It's still in beta and DnD is far simpler than Traveller, so I was thinking of getting used to the Wizard with Spacecraft first. But it will come to Characters but that's a way off.
    RPGSuite. What is it you mean by getting 'closer' to that tool?
    Dead space between buttons and the Traveller logo. There is no dead-space, in-fact the buttons overlay the Traveller logo which I've recently made smaller and moved a bit more to the right. What screen resolution do you have, because we have to take account into every user, not just those with larger screens.

The last question, are you on FGC or FGU?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I attached two pictures, one of full screen, one of half. Honestly I tend to play the most in 1/2 as we will have discord or other up, but having one work would be super nice.

A:Here you can see just how small the font is. I use standard normal size font on my monitor even though it is higher resolution (meaning smaller than most people have font), but the font on your buttons is tiny and thin. Compare Your font tot the taskbar or even the clock. And inside the buttons there is lots of dead-space.

B: With so much space between the buttons and the logo you can make the buttons bigger, even at the 1/2 screen resolution (which is actually the one I play the most).

C: I am unable to make the character sheet wider, but as you can tell, I made it longer. The arrows show up but it does not resize.

And yep I get D&D is easier, actually one of the reasons I want Traveller to have it. But I get you will go with either easier, or most used and D&D beats Traveller in both metrics.

That tool is actually my ideal way to build... but it is like your D&D wizard but much better. It is more "video game", I get you have nothing like it and it would be a ton of work, so the character wizard you are working on would for sure be enough. However, for you personally, I think you should check it out, it is pretty cool.

My resolution is 3440x1440, but I normally play with it being about 1720 give or take.

Let me know if you have ant questions. Thank you!

Attachment 38472Attachment 38473
    Last edited by ScottUlmer; August 10th, 2020 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottUlmer View Post
    I attached two pictures, one of full screen, one of half. Honestly I tend to play the most in 1/2 as we will have discord or other up, but having one work would be super nice.

A:Here you can see just how small the font is. I use standard normal size font on my monitor even though it is higher resolution (meaning smaller than most people have font), but the font on your buttons is tiny and thin. Compare Your font tot the taskbar or even the clock. And inside the buttons there is lots of dead-space.

B: With so much space between the buttons and the logo you can make the buttons bigger, even at the 1/2 screen resolution (which is actually the one I play the most).

C: I am unable to make the character sheet wider, but as you can tell, I made it longer. The arrows show up but it does not resize.

And yep I get D&D is easier, actually one of the reasons I want Traveller to have it. But I get you will go with either easier, or most used and D&D beats Traveller in both metrics.

That tool is actually my ideal way to build... but it is like your D&D wizard but much better. It is more "video game", I get you have nothing like it and it would be a ton of work, so the character wizard you are working on would for sure be enough. However, for you personally, I think you should check it out, it is pretty cool.

My resolution is 3440x1440, but I normally play with it being about 1720 give or take.

Let me know if you have ant questions. Thank you!

Attachment 38472Attachment 38473
    Hi Chap,

Thanks for the reply.

First, you need to be aware that regardless of screen size/resolution, buttons do not scale, so the bigger your screen/resolution, the smaller they'll appear. Now compare that on a screen of 1280x760 and you'll find that there's no space between the buttons and the right hand side (when the Dice Tower is shown).

Characters sheet, there are reasons you can't make it go wider at the moment. If you've followed the releases of 2nd edition I've been updating the character sheet, some near future update (for the Traveller Companion) will see an updated character sheet that will go wide/thin/short/tall and have mini options.

I've watched the progress that Hollis has been making and it's cool, but it's still Beta. It's unwise to take a beta product and modify it, so I plan to wait until it's no-longer beta and then I'll look into it. Though I think most players here would prefer Spacecraft Combat over character creation, so that's my focus.

Finally, nice resolution, I use 3840x1440 for main development and play 2/3's screen when I run/play DnD/MGT2E/RQ on FG.

So in closing, I'll speak with FG about scaling buttons, but as DnD5E doesn't do it, I can't see that I can do it, but I have another idea....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

yeah i for one would prefer space combat over chargen.

(we used RPGsuite for chargen)

Yeah thanks I originally was planning to do /uiscale 125 but that made the text in the character sheet even more cut off. Thanks for following up and let me know if there is something else you need from me

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    yeah i for one would prefer space combat over chargen.

(we used RPGsuite for chargen)
    When we are playing unaltered MGT2 we have just used the tables provided in the ruleset to create characters, it is pretty functional and everyone online round robins each term. It makes for social character generation and gives them an opportunity to collaborate their connections and such. It's not perfect or automated but my players feel that it is a more interactive session 0 experience than just copying stuff into the character sheet. The only thing you need to remember is to enter modifiers into the modifier box in the bottom left because the table won't let players use the modifier in tables.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Chap,

Though I think most players here would prefer Spacecraft Combat over character creation, so that's my focus.

MBM
    Yes YES please. Do front load spacecraft combat. Traveller without it isn't Traveller...

Is it possible to have comma seperators in numbers?, 100,000 instead of 100000?

Quote Originally Posted by bsycamore View Post
    Is it possible to have comma seperators in numbers?, 100,000 instead of 100000?
    good call Bsycamore!

Thread Information