FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 19 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 Todo List

Is it possible to have the NPC have a ammo counter. Like having it on the Combat Tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by FishnChips View Post
    Is it possible to have the NPC have a ammo counter. Like having it on the Combat Tracker?
    Yes. I'll add it to the (growing list).
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

As a feature request would it be possible to default the attack value to 0 instead of blank. It doesn't seem to be willing to roll off blank and requires that the attack field be changed to a number. When I am making the NPCs it would be nice to only have to change what needs to be changed instead of having to change things to 0.

Since I am playing in a game today I've had time to assess some things which is why I keep posting more stuff. I should wait until I have a list but I'm afraid I'll forget.

Anyways, another thing that would be useful (really forward looking towards the Companion) but a slot in the skill list (and characteristics) that holds XP towards advancement. Since you are required to put awarded XP directly into something it would be cool to have a space to note it along with the applied characteristics/skill. Right now I just put it in notes but over time that seems like it would be a cluttered method.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Since I am playing in a game today I've had time to assess some things which is why I keep posting more stuff. I should wait until I have a list but I'm afraid I'll forget.

Anyways, another thing that would be useful (really forward looking towards the Companion) but a slot in the skill list (and characteristics) that holds XP towards advancement. Since you are required to put awarded XP directly into something it would be cool to have a space to note it along with the applied characteristics/skill. Right now I just put it in notes but over time that seems like it would be a cluttered method.
    This is important, I need it for my game, it's why I've converted a lot of the Companion. It's all converted just there's not any real automation/data from it. It's got the Creatures/NPC's, and various tables, but not the Career Packages - do you need that all 'working'? Before you'd part money for it?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

It would also help if there was some section in Notes for keeping track of weeks of study during travel so you can track your advancements. Like an ammo tracker but with one skill or several and keep track on how you do. If the skill is 1 you need x extra weeks of study. It is not urgent as you can do it manually with notes but it will be a nice addition and help new players.

Training and Experience is part of Traveller Companion (Chapter 6).

For Corerulebook I can't find anything which explains how it works, if you can point that out means I can have a think!

Cheers,
    MBM

I don't know about Companion but on Core Rules I use Page 52 with Training and Study Periods used to improve skills during those Weeks on board on transit to destination. "A Study Period is equal to 8 weeks (or 2 months) of study and practice. These weeks within a Study Period need not be consecutive, but each week must be fully dedicated to study with at least eight hours per day spent learning and practicing." "At this point, the Traveller must succeed at an Average (8+) EDU check."
    "For example, if a Traveller had Electronics (computers) 1 and was trying to learn Electronics (computers) 2, this would require two successful Study Periods."

It is probably simpler than whatever comes on Companion but an easy way to fill those Space Jumps into learning new skills or improve before arriving to mission destination. An easy tracker where you could just mark weeks completed on topic can be useful. Specially if you do a campaign hiatus and recover those PCs after a while and they had studies in place.

Also, it would help if Limitations are checked even during character creation: "Remember, your Traveller may have a maximum number of skill levels equal to three times his combined INT and EDU score. If they already have this many skills after leaving a career, any additional skills may only be learned to level 0."
    That is usually something a Referee would forget to check and the MGT2 ruleset could very easily verify for you.

Thanks!
    Last edited by alfarobl; April 18th, 2020 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I don't know about Companion but on Core Rules I use Page 52 with Training and Study Periods used to improve skills during those Weeks on board on transit to destination. "A Study Period is equal to 8 weeks (or 2 months) of study and practice. These weeks within a Study Period need not be consecutive, but each week must be fully dedicated to study with at least eight hours per day spent learning and practicing." "At this point, the Traveller must succeed at an Average (8+) EDU check."
    "For example, if a Traveller had Electronics (computers) 1 and was trying to learn Electronics (computers) 2, this would require two successful Study Periods."

It is probably simpler than whatever comes on Companion but an easy way to fill those Space Jumps into learning new skills or improve before arriving to mission destination. An easy tracker where you could just mark weeks completed on topic can be useful. Specially if you do a campaign hiatus and recover those PCs after a while and they had studies in place.

Thanks!
    Good find. It's listed just under training, I'll re-read it and compare with Companion and see what we can do.

Been fixing the Init, then next NPC armour and then next update the adventures out there! Want to get updates up for Tuesday to fix things.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Good find. It's listed just under training, I'll re-read it and compare with Companion and see what we can do.

Been fixing the Init, then next NPC armour and then next update the adventures out there! Want to get updates up for Tuesday to fix things.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Sorry I keep adding stuff but reading I remember things I would love to see... hope it helps!

It would help if Limitations are checked even during character creation: "Remember, your Traveller may have a maximum number of skill levels equal to three times his combined INT and EDU score. If they already have this many skills after leaving a career, any additional skills may only be learned to level 0."
    That is usually something a Referee would forget to check and the MGT2 ruleset could very easily verify for you.

Maybe that is already taken care of... but have not tested if it would let me add skills beyond the Limit 3xINT+EDU on skills not level 0.

Best regards!

Thread Information