Thread: space combat

  1. #1
    hawkwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London Calling
    Posts
    2,332

    space combat

    how well does either ruleset handle space combat?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    how well does either ruleset handle space combat?
    At the moment they don't. The original plan was to use a system that would be based on the Starfinder code but that has taken forever for reasons beyond the developers control. I'm not sure if that is still the plan. It seems like Starfinder is almost there and MBM has said he's starting on High Guard which will bring ship construction and operation.

    Central Supply Catalog is next out then High Guard so will be a bit.

  3. #3
    hawkwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London Calling
    Posts
    2,332
    i think i will hod off buying till its sorted, a SF RPG without automated space combat is a bit like a three legged horse

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    i think i will hod off buying till its sorted, a SF RPG without automated space combat is a bit like a three legged horse
    Well, I feel your pain. But tbh, 90% of my campaigns deal with sh*t dirtside or on bases or on the ship itself etc. We are not dogfighting all the time. So my campaigns run quite smoothly with what we got in the ruleset now.
    But yes, the whole space battle thingy would be shiny! I am looking forward to that as well

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    At the moment they don't. The original plan was to use a system that would be based on the Starfinder code but that has taken forever for reasons beyond the developers control. I'm not sure if that is still the plan. It seems like Starfinder is almost there and MBM has said he's starting on High Guard which will bring ship construction and operation.

    Central Supply Catalog is next out then High Guard so will be a bit.
    Well Starfinder's Ship Combat is ready and out in the wild at this time. So it is Live and available to test out if you have access to the Starfinder RPG. Gives you a chance to see how that works and see what parts you like and don't like. Might help Mad with suggestions and changes to what I've done.

    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-to-main-code

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Might help Mad with suggestions and changes to what I've done.
    That would be super-fantastically-awesomesauce!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Well Starfinder's Ship Combat is ready and out in the wild at this time. So it is Live and available to test out if you have access to the Starfinder RPG. Gives you a chance to see how that works and see what parts you like and don't like. Might help Mad with suggestions and changes to what I've done.

    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-to-main-code
    Yea going to look this week, as Samarex and myself discussed how to code it before Xmas.

    Huzzah!

  8. #8
    Just out of interest, can we expect the space combat to be backported into the 1e ruleset? If not, that's entirely fine (and understandable, given how Mongoose wants 2e to be the priority), but it would be pretty nice if it were possible.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrey View Post
    Just out of interest, can we expect the space combat to be backported into the 1e ruleset? If not, that's entirely fine (and understandable, given how Mongoose wants 2e to be the priority), but it would be pretty nice if it were possible.
    It would be nice if it works out that way. Since the ship system will be based on 2nd edition High Guard it might not be feasible. Sometimes MBM comes up with solutions so you never know.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrey View Post
    Just out of interest, can we expect the space combat to be backported into the 1e ruleset? If not, that's entirely fine (and understandable, given how Mongoose wants 2e to be the priority), but it would be pretty nice if it were possible.
    At the moment the plan is to build the CT as a standalone CT like you find in Starfinder, I had a quick play around last night and got another window appearing, so in theory the answer is yes, let me get it working for 2E and then we can look at back-porting it, but as Esmdev says, it's all based on MGT2E/Highguard, and I'm looking into how the different types of ship combat can take place, as you have close/distant and capital ships with lots of swarming ships, ala Battlestar Galatica.

    Oh and maybe the news I've bumped High Guard up the list based on the poll I did recently. This is why v1.1.0 which is for Central Supply Catalogue will also have the beginnings of everything for Highguard. The idea being we get the Ships Record Sheet + Data working, the issue is the data is mostly in Highguard (ie the Torpedo's/Sancasters etc) and how do I add it slowly over time, not sure yet.

    But an also I'm also moving back to WOIN/CoC soon, so bring WOIN upto date with the bugs/requests, and complete the CoC campaigns I've got started, it'll be ok, Traveller is a love of mine and as I'm running Mission to Mithril at the moment, I'll be making weekly adjustments to it, soi it won't have massive time gaps between releases, maybe smaller releases more often.

    Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in