STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 19 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 Todo List

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Pirates of Drinax uses allegiances in the system data, fortunately you already have the space for it in the system structure. Pirates is why I incorporated it into my system modules.

Also not sure what you mean by not using trade codes? The entire speculative trade system is based on the trade codes.
    Chap,

Trade Codes - MGT does not use all the Trade Codes mentioned in the TravellerMap. I've sorted that, all the trade codes not part of MGT's are ignored.
    Allegiances - MGT does not use all the Allegiances mentioned in the second survey in the TravellerMap. I've allowed them all as is, for example you'll see that MGT use 'Consulate' when TravellerMap means 'Zhodani Consulate'.

Cheers
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Good Day, MadBeardMan
    The question is about FG Unity
    Can You add Cyrillic fonts to the MGT2 Ruleset, as is done in the DnD5e Ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Barbeau View Post
    Good Day, MadBeardMan
    The question is about FG Unity
    Can You add Cyrillic fonts to the MGT2 Ruleset, as is done in the DnD5e Ruleset?
    Hi Serg,

Thanks for asking here.

Why do you need the fonts?

Fonts/localised text is normally done in extensions, are you using one for DnD5e?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Serg,

Thanks for asking here.

Why do you need the fonts?

Fonts/localised text is normally done in extensions, are you using one for DnD5e?

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi, MadBeardMan
    My players are Russian speakers and they have problems understanding English.
    The FG Classic does not support Cyrillic. In FG Classic, I use the not official extension that adds Cyrillic, which has problems with the encoding.
    But I noticed that the FG Unity added Cyrillic fonts without extension which work correctly. This is present in the DnD5e Ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Barbeau View Post
    Hi, MadBeardMan
    My players are Russian speakers and they have problems understanding English.
    The FG Classic does not support Cyrillic. In FG Classic, I use the not official extension that adds Cyrillic, which has problems with the encoding.
    But I noticed that the FG Unity added Cyrillic fonts without extension which work correctly. This is present in the DnD5e Ruleset.
    Hi Serg,

I've spoken with SW now.

As part of 1.1.4 I'll make available the 'strings' used. These are needed for the conversion from English to Russian. If I find the time, I'll create the basic extension, someone will then need to do the conversion.

Cheers,
    MBM

Just a thought: until we have vehicle combat ready, could we get an NPC to use in the combat tracker?

I am currently using "robot" as a placeholder, hull=hits, armour=armour, so I can use this as target for my players. It's a provisory thing atm. but I can't think of a better workaround that keeps the data in the system and don't force me to divert to paper.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Just a thought: until we have vehicle combat ready, could we get an NPC to use in the combat tracker?

I am currently using "robot" as a placeholder, hull=hits, armour=armour, so I can use this as target for my players. It's a provisory thing atm. but I can't think of a better workaround that keeps the data in the system and don't force me to divert to paper.

Thoughts?
    We gave up on Pirates of Drinax because so much of it revolves around ships, so I sadly got nothing. Although a NPC would probably be a decent temp solution.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    We gave up on Pirates of Drinax because so much of it revolves around ships, so I sadly got nothing. Although a NPC would probably be a decent temp solution.
    Yea, PoD requires a ship based CT, that's going to be made available in the week coming, a 1st version/draft, just the very basics.

Cheers,
    MBM

Superb! We just used notes to record hull points and managed fine, being running PoD on here since March. Ironically know we can meet again however my players feel Traveller runs better on your MT2 interface than it did round the table,and so we will continue to play online. Is High Guard next?

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    Superb! We just used notes to record hull points and managed fine, being running PoD on here since March. Ironically know we can meet again however my players feel Traveller runs better on your MT2 interface than it did round the table,and so we will continue to play online. Is High Guard next?
    I use a mix of FG with my tabletop games (when I could!), it just takes some of the paperwork off me.

High Guard is with LordNanoc now, he's going through the very boring process of checking all the text looks and reads well, plus the ship details and data are correct. When it gets released I want a Ship based CT and like I've done for Central Supply, regular ruleset updates will add more and more automation.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information