FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 19 First ... 51314151617 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 Todo List

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Dalton,
    But let me think on this, you've had some great suggestions and I don't want to say no to anything if it makes playing the game easier. I'll speak with SW and see what suggestions they have.

Now one other caveat. I've also noticed with some duplicated items that they differ slightly. As if the recent iteration has been updated,

Cheers,
    MBM
    Thanks MBM,

I always hate asking for more from you as I know how much work/effort goes into getting these things done.

I also noted that you are not providing the 2d deckplans that are available as free/separate download from Mongoose for all the various books. Maybe I missed it.
    I have converted most of them to SVG already for updating/using them in my own games.

Where you already working on converting these? Did you want to include them as part of your standard packages?

I was going to provide them as a free module, but, I am not sure what the legal status is, since they where originally pdfs from mongoose and FFE, but, I have converted them and redid alot of the artwork.
    It would be nice to get official support so that the community can benefit from having the maps.
    Part of the wanting to share is that I am still learning the FGU map effect editor so getting help doing the line of sight/lighting etc setup would be appreciated.

What are your thoughts?

One way to remove duplicates is to go to the book in library and check out the items in the right bottom window next to the book selection. So if you just click Central Supply Catalog and then the associated items you don't get the others.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    One way to remove duplicates is to go to the book in library and check out the items in the right bottom window next to the book selection. So if you just click Central Supply Catalog and then the associated items you don't get the others.
    Thanks I will have to try that.

There is no option that I can see to select or check any options in the library - the module is loaded or not and if it is loaded, everything within it is available and shows up in the various selection lists such as items/spacecraft/images etc.

It's an all or nothing system with FGU 4.0.2 with Traver 1.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    There is no option that I can see to select or check any options in the library - the module is loaded or not and if it is loaded, everything within it is available and shows up in the various selection lists such as items/spacecraft/images etc.

It's an all or nothing system with FGU 4.0.2 with Traver 1.1.5
    Click library from FGU desktop. In the left window find Central Supply Catalog. Click it. In the right window should be an item selection. Click that. It should display only items from CSC.

Click library from FGU desktop. In the left window find Central Supply Catalog. Click it. In the right window should be an item selection. Click that. It should display only items from CSC.
    Yes, but, then you are ONLY seeing the CSC.
    I would like to see, for example, only one entry for each item, but be able to see all the various modules.
    As an example, IF I have the bowman arm open and an adventure that takes place in the bowman arm, I don't want the world descriptions occuring twice when shaing the information to the players.
    The all of nothing way that the information is presented is not condusive to giving the players information from multiple modules in a library data style when that data is spread across multiple modules.
    If we could specify what elements of a module where to be loaded, that would solve the problem, but, currently, that is not an option.
    The other options are as MBM and I discussed - a reworking of the infomation into multiple sub-modules or a large master module/subscription.

Yes, but, then you are ONLY seeing the CSC.
    I would like to see, for example, only one entry for each item, but be able to see all the various modules.
    As an example, IF I have the bowman arm open and an adventure that takes place in the bowman arm, I don't want the world descriptions occuring twice when shaing the information to the players.
    The all of nothing way that the information is presented is not condusive to giving the players information from multiple modules in a library data style when that data is spread across multiple modules.
    If we could specify what elements of a module where to be loaded, that would solve the problem, but, currently, that is not an option.
    The other options are as MBM and I discussed - a reworking of the infomation into multiple sub-modules or a large master module/subscription.
    The problem is not with the MGT2 ruleset or the modules, it is with the way that Fantasy Grounds is designed.

Your preaching to the choir, I had a long conversation about this some years ago and was told that is how it is by the powers that be.

It would be nice if MBM could come up with a method to handle that without creating more problems. The current problem is that if you own the core rules but not CSC then you need to have the core rules equipment, but if you add CSC then you need to have that. Then say you buy Reach Adventure 1, it is likely any equipment in that points to data links from the core rules as it predates CSC. So the module would break I'd you filter out core rules gear if someone has CSC, plus any characters created prior to CSC would need to be manually updated. It goes on and gets more as you add things like Bowman Arm, etc.

MGT2 is pretty mellow in this regard compared to a system like 5E where every time you add a new book it creates another instance of the classes, races, equipment, etc., it is annoying to have to ask players which class from which book they are using.

It is annoying to see multiple inventory items, but I can see the logic in just using the pull down to filter data, instead of MBM spending precious development time trying to solve the problem and update every released module at the moment he is switching to space combat and High Guard support. Of course sometimes he pulls rabbits out of hats and we all go ooOoOoo, so we might get lucky.

What does (waiting on SW testing) mean in the status?
    Is there anyway we can assist with this?
    Even a pre-buy beta status allowing us to find/fix issues before it goes gold?

I am very anxious to use the new material from Behind the Claw

What does (waiting on SW testing) mean in the status?
    Is there anyway we can assist with this?
    Even a pre-buy beta status allowing us to find/fix issues before it goes gold?

I am very anxious to use the new material from Behind the Claw
    SW = SmiteWorks testing

Only official testers (LordNanoc atm) get to see the module early.

BtC is excellent, there's a lot more Traveller material coming as over Xmas I get bored and work on stuff.

Traveller Companion is complete text wise, so going to ask the community if they want to see it soon, even though the near future is all about High Guard.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I would love to just have access to the extra attributes and prior experience packages. The entire companion including the alternative experience system is wonderful, but, even limited support would be great.
    If the prior experience packages and supported attributes were able to be user defined, even better.
    Thanks!

Thread Information