FGU FB Sweepstakes

FAQ's for MGT2/MGT1

Hi All,

This thread will show questions and answers for both current Traveller rulesets, MGT2 and MGT1. **This is a work in progress, it will be built up over time**

Q: For a new weapon in MGT2, what's the type to enter and what sub-types are supported?
    A: If you wish to a new weapon, enter Weapons in the Type field. Upon leaving the Type field the fields will change. The currrent sub-types are Melee Weapons and Grenades - every other Weapon is treated as a Ranged Weapon.

Q: When we create our characters and then first enter combat, we're insta-killed because our 'Current Values' (shown on the actions tab) are all at 0.
    A: When characters are made the current values are not adjusted. This is because there's no link and the reason for this, if your End during a game is reduced by 1 point (semi-perm for example) and your End current value was on 3, should that become 2? And what if it was on 0? There's a little button attached to each Current Value, click that and it resets it to Max.

Q: How can I use the UWP to create the World Data for a world
    A: Up-to version 1.0.3. the UWP is based on the MGT1 format: 0407 D000300-9 S As Lo Va G this equates to HexCode Physical Stats Base Codes Trade Codes Travel Code
    A: From version 1.0.3 the parser was re-written and supports the MGT1 format with/without the Hex Code.

Q: What are the Weapon Damage Types?
    A: At the moment these are the currently supported, note that they don't do anything special yet, once effects are in place damage such as ongoing fire/radiation etc could be automated
    • kinetic
    • laser
    • psionic
    • radiation
    • energy
    • plasma
    • stun
    • fire
    • corrosive
    • ap*
    • sap*
    • super-a*

* for 2300AD (Mongoose edition 1)

Q: My character has a low END and in 1E there is a side rule that allowed a different physical stat to be used.
    A: New options have been added to allow each character to specify what order damage it taken off of END/STR/STA and what order they are healed as well. Whilst this isn't canon it's a fitting house rule. The Companion book (Book 5) introduces the idea of random damage

Q: I've been creating my own equipment, but I'm unsure what the RecordType field should contain.
    A: Here's a list of them all, note 10+ are purely for Central Supply Catalogue (though you don't need that Module to create the data)

0 - Armour
    1 - Augments
    2 - Electronics, communications
    3 - Computers
    4 - Medical Supplies
    5 - Robots and drones
    6 - Sensors
    7 - Survival Gear
    8 - Toolkits
    9 - Weapons
    10 - Unused atm, was to be used for Heavy Weapons
    11 - Ammunition
    12 - Sighting aids

Q: In the Combat Tracker, what's the iMod field for?
    This allows you to add any Initiative Modifiers, which don't change the Init Result, but modify the position in the Init order.
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; July 20th, 2020 at 12:05. Reason: Added FAQ for iMod

I was helping my roommate with some equipment he wanted to add and had to go digging deep into the forums to find the damage type list so I thought I'd drop it here in case anyone else was looking.

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
    "laser"
    "psionic"
    "radiation"
    "stun"
    "fire"

And for 2300 (part of 1E ruleset though as 2300 was built on 1E)

"SAP"
    "AP"
    "Super-AP"
    "APHE"

Thread Information