5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

World creation advice with FGU

With FGU now in play are there any new tools for making campaigns, other than the new map bells and whistles (which are cool BTW). Before FGU, when I created story content I was limited to a few text display options. Are there more now? Can I embed images into the text? Also, is there a way to capture some of the power of Unity in scripting? I've used Lua before. Now if we create our own extensions are their more options? I have dreams of creating a AI for NPC combat so which units move and attack on their own when there turn is triggered.
    Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    In short, not for the first release of FGU. Other than the mapping tools FGU 1 will bring, none of the other stuff you list has been mentioned for initial release.

Text display; This is generally ruleset dependent. Might be possible though their is lots of testing etc that will need to be done because most of the windows are laid out for very specific sized text and fonts. Changing a font size or style can impact the space it takes up, and might make things unusable. I can see more text styles, colors etc being available in reference manuals and story entries, in time, since they are easier/more accommodating to various text/space/layout requirements. I believe it is something o the list, for post v1 release.

Embedded images, not in v1 unless you are talking about reference manuals, which you can already do.

Scripting. No, and no plans to alter the xml/lua approach to customization. They have talked about re-evaluating allowing Unity API access in the future, but it's not something they are willing to do at this time.

All that said if from what I remember SmiteWorks mentioning before or from what I inferred from their comments. Also, anything post v1 is nothing but backlog and generally has not been prioritized or even committed too. In short, until v1 is released, most thing are possible but are not going to be evaluated or prioritized.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

More tools you say? You'd be amazed what FG Classic can do - have a look at SQUAREWARE, Boar.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...d=IPFGANYGTWSW
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Scripting. No, and no plans to alter the xml/lua approach to customization. They have talked about re-evaluating allowing Unity API access in the future, but it's not something they are willing to do at this time.
    Can't wait for this...

For example, being able to integrate directly with Discord bots, etc.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information