DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

new to FG and cant get PF2 started

So I just got FG for the first time and I'm traying to get the program working for me. I got the PDF off Paizo website and I link my account with Paizo and FG. but when I go to manage characters click PFRPG2 under module it only show playtest and under module has a tab that sayPathfinder Second edition core. But when I clickit open up a thing that has Pathfinder Second edition core rules (not installed) then has a red X next to it. Does any one know were I am missing up the setup?

Welcome to the FG forums Verdlin.

Owning the Paizo Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules PDF gives you a discount on purchasing the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules Fantasy Grounds product. You’ll need to purchase the product to be able to use it in FG. Details in the Paizo account sync page.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Usually I just buy everything for fantasy grounds then synch with paizo and get my pdf. Just a suggestion though.

I'm having a similar problem and I can't get a response from Fantasy Grounds support.
    I purchased the Pathfinder 2E Core Rules straight from FG so I don't need the Paizo or Steam Link. When I click on the link for install core rules it just gives you a wordpad document with instructions. The instructions however cant be followed because they are either antiquated or the FG app has changed...

I open FG
    I Click Settings
    I click "manage" under purchases tab
    I enter my account login/pw and click "OK"
    AND..... NOTHING HAPPENS !

Blog Entries
    Please dont cross post everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TenXero View Post
    I'm having a similar problem and I can't get a response from Fantasy Grounds support.
    I purchased the Pathfinder 2E Core Rules straight from FG so I don't need the Paizo or Steam Link. When I click on the link for install core rules it just gives you a wordpad document with instructions. The instructions however cant be followed because they are either antiquated or the FG app has changed...

I open FG
    I Click Settings
    I click "manage" under purchases tab
    I enter my account login/pw and click "OK"
    AND..... NOTHING HAPPENS !
    Run the updater.

I'm having the same issue, however, from Fantasy Grounds website, PDFs you own at Paizo will discount the full cost of the PDF from purchases on Fantasy Grounds. If I purchase the books from FG there is a $7 USD fee to continue. Is this normal? Am I going to have to repurchase (at a discount)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoric View Post
    I'm having the same issue, however, from Fantasy Grounds website, PDFs you own at Paizo will discount the full cost of the PDF from purchases on Fantasy Grounds. If I purchase the books from FG there is a $7 USD fee to continue. Is this normal? Am I going to have to repurchase (at a discount)?
    Yes, this is normal. That $7 is to pay for the person who spent their time typing the info on FG. That's why it's advised to buy on fg and then proceed to get the pdf for free, not the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoric View Post
    If I purchase the books from FG there is a $7 USD fee to continue. Is this normal? Am I going to have to repurchase (at a discount)?
    Yes, this is normal. This is a product on a new platform, with many hours spent converting the product to FG with regular support and updates.

Paizo is currently the only company that does this PDF included/PDF owned gives discount. So, in the VTT space, you're actually getting good value for money using Paizo products on Fantasy Grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information