FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 79 of 110 First ... 2969777879808189 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Hey MBM,

NPC's don't support the extended attributes from the companion. The extra attributes should appear based upon the options in settings.
    Thanks
    Last word on that is it will be coming with the NPC redesign which will bring NPCs closer to PC functionality.

Stun weapons not working.

Stun weapons seem to have stopped working. When I drag stun damage onto a PC or NPC, it resolves to 0 points of damage. (0 + strength DM if it's a melee weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by cunningrat View Post
    Stun weapons seem to have stopped working. When I drag stun damage onto a PC or NPC, it resolves to 0 points of damage. (0 + strength DM if it's a melee weapon).
    As an addendum, if you remove the word "stun" from the damage box -- I.e. list a stunner as doing "2d6" rather than "2d6 stun" it applies damage properly but the damage is kinetic, even if the weapon possesses the Stun trait.

Addendum #2: listing the damage as "2d6 + Stun" works properly, applying stun damage whether the weapon has the Stun trait or not.

Unfortunately, that's not how all the items are listed in the Central Supply Catalogue.

Radiation works the same way: damage is applied as having the radiation type only if you list it as "xd6 + radiation". The radiation trait doesn't seem to do anything.
    Last edited by cunningrat; May 6th, 2022 at 23:34.

As an addendum, if you remove the word "stun" from the damage box -- I.e. list a stunner as doing "2d6" rather than "2d6 stun" it applies damage properly but the damage is kinetic, even if the weapon possesses the Stun trait.

Addendum #2: listing the damage as "2d6 + Stun" works properly, applying stun damage whether the weapon has the Stun trait or not.

Unfortunately, that's not how all the items are listed in the Central Supply Catalogue.

Radiation works the same way: damage is applied as having the radiation type only if you list it as "xd6 + radiation". The radiation trait doesn't seem to do anything.
    Hi,

I've tested right now.

'3d6 stun' works correctly.

Radiation is under development, as it's a 2nd damage type, and the ruleset only supports 1 damage type at the moment, it'll come as soon as I can make all the changes.

Traits are used as often as I can, and will be part of the update, the issue though is that Traveller has a mix of both, I'd much prefer traits were used for everything (like 5E).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Okay, I did some more testing. The issue is actually different than I originally thought.
    *** This issue ONLY occurs with NPCs ***.
    Before you ask, my Fantasy Grounds is fully updated and I have unloaded all extensions.

Here's my output from several different tests. All items have been dragged from the Items tab.

TL 10 stunner (2d6+3 stun):
    [DAMAGE] Stunner (TL 10) [TYPE: stun (2d6=6)]
    TL 12 stunner (3d6 stun):
    [DAMAGE] Stunner (TL 12) [TYPE: stun (=0)]

--> Note that in the first test it didn't add damage correctly: just rolled 2d6 instead of 2d6+3. In the second test, it didn't roll dice at all.

TL11 laser carbine (4d6+3 laser):
    [DAMAGE] Laser Carbine (TL 11) [TYPE: laser (4d6=15)]
    --> Rolls only 4d6, does not add +3

Same weapon, edited to do (4d6 laser):
    [DAMAGE] Laser Carbine (TL 11) [TYPE: laser (=0)]
    --> Doesn't roll dice

Same weapon, edited to do (4d6+3):
    [DAMAGE] Laser Carbine (TL 11) [TYPE: kinetic (4d6+3=16)]
    --> damage rolled correctly.

Again, this ONLY occurs with NPCs. Weapons on PC sheets behave completely normally.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Okay, I did some more testing. The issue is actually different than I originally thought.
    *** This issue ONLY occurs with NPCs ***.
    Before you ask, my Fantasy Grounds is fully updated and I have unloaded all extensions.

Here's my output from several different tests. All items have been dragged from the Items tab.

TL 10 stunner (2d6+3 stun):
    [DAMAGE] Stunner (TL 10) [TYPE: stun (2d6=6)]
    TL 12 stunner (3d6 stun):
    [DAMAGE] Stunner (TL 12) [TYPE: stun (=0)]

--> Note that in the first test it didn't add damage correctly: just rolled 2d6 instead of 2d6+3. In the second test, it didn't roll dice at all.

TL11 laser carbine (4d6+3 laser):
    [DAMAGE] Laser Carbine (TL 11) [TYPE: laser (4d6=15)]
    --> Rolls only 4d6, does not add +3

Same weapon, edited to do (4d6 laser):
    [DAMAGE] Laser Carbine (TL 11) [TYPE: laser (=0)]
    --> Doesn't roll dice

Same weapon, edited to do (4d6+3):
    [DAMAGE] Laser Carbine (TL 11) [TYPE: kinetic (4d6+3=16)]
    --> damage rolled correctly.

Again, this ONLY occurs with NPCs. Weapons on PC sheets behave completely normally.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
    I'll test it tonight (ie soon). It won't be anything wrong on your side. FGU had a large update and they rebuilt the dice rolling system which broke damage rolls. Due to the nature a quick fix was posted, but quick fixes don't get fully tested.

So give me an hour or so.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi,

Just pushed a HotFix for the NPC's weapon damage. It was the same issue that affected all the other rolls, so the fix was simple. I'm amazed I didn't test it on NPC's as I have a Robot sentry all setup with Stun Weapons.

Anyways, should go into live soon.

Thanks,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

Just pushed a HotFix for the NPC's weapon damage. It was the same issue that affected all the other rolls, so the fix was simple. I'm amazed I didn't test it on NPC's as I have a Robot sentry all setup with Stun Weapons.

Anyways, should go into live soon.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Yay! Thanks for the quick response, MBM!!

Core Rule book under PSI Abilities - Telepathy is mispelled (Telempathy).

No it is to be Telempathy. It is uses psionics to alter emptions so the is Telepatic empathy = Telempathy.

Thread Information