DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 76 of 111 First ... 2666747576777886 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    You don't use gunner skill when doing attack role for missiles so program is doing it right
    See rule book (2022) page 173.

What ship are using?
    If the armor don't show up in combat tracker then you probably have a syntax error on the ship system tab.
    If you using custom ship add don't add ":" in the armor description the armor won't show. See what happens if you change armor to "Armor: 4" and drag a new ship into combat tracker.
    I wasn't aware of that that you did not use the turret skill on missiles. I only have the rules as they are presented in fantasygrounds, so I must have missed that detail someplace.

I used stock ship that came with one of the books. But I noticed now that when I added a ship from the spacecraft tab the armor was not listed in the defense section on the combat tracker until after I had opened the starship info in a seperate window and then clicked the systems tab.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 000346.jpg

Just to confirm no Intellect on PS group test.

We have someone with a suit of powered plate (still in packaging crate in the hold) goes from 40kg to zero when they put it on, should this be 10kg or is it assumed powered plate is effectively weightless when in operation?

Kind regards,
    rcruk
    Last edited by rcruk; April 13th, 2022 at 00:10.

Hey MBM, great list of additions for March. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I did run into a problem with the party sheet not displaying any skills from the dropdown menu in the Skill Check field. I did fix it by deleting all the party members from the sheet and dragging them back in, however. Perhaps a note should be added that this is required?

I have also noticed some problems with skill dragging while making PCs and NPCs. Most skills specializations will autopopulate the base skill into the sheet when you input them, as well as automatically applying level 1 (as per the rules) but there are some that do not do this and only populate as, for example; "Heavy Weapons (man portable) 0" and then when dragged a second time, will just create another entry for "Heavy Weapons (man portable) 0", rather than leveling up the skill, as is usually the case. This has greatly slowed down workflow by needing to go in to NPC sheets and manually input skills. Heavy Weapons is not the only skill that is behaving this way either. I am attaching an example of the bug/error as well as a second image of every skill specialization that is misbehaving.

Also; as you can see Gun Combat is populating as just "Combat" in NPC sheets at the very least. Didn't check this in PC sheets.
    skill error.JPG
    misbehaving skills.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    I wasn't aware of that that you did not use the turret skill on missiles. I only have the rules as they are presented in fantasygrounds, so I must have missed that detail someplace.
    In the Missile Combat section of the reference manual it's in the paragraph titled Missiles and Targets.

I've found the general lack of page numbers in FG rulebooks to cause problems such as this as the books often refer to rules by page number which makes them hard to find.

is there anything that can be done about the colors for called out ruleboxes in the reference manual? light teal on a white background? it's nearly illegible.Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Mallorylover23 View Post
    is there anything that can be done about the colors for called out ruleboxes in the reference manual? light teal on a white background? it's nearly illegible.Capture.JPG
    sorry, i just doublechecked this and it seems to be a result of using the FG: Modern Dark theme rather than the base theme for the ruleset. Disappointing; as most of my players have a much easier time interacting with the FG: Modern Dark theme.

sorry, i just doublechecked this and it seems to be a result of using the FG: Modern Dark theme rather than the base theme for the ruleset. Disappointing; as most of my players have a much easier time interacting with the FG: Modern Dark theme.
    Is this from an official book, or from something you're building?

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Is this from an official book, or from something you're building?

Thanks,
    MBM
    It's the main rulebook.

It's the main rulebook.
    Ok well this is one of the issue when text is put into frames and then those text colours are changed.

Not a lot I can do about that, sorry.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information