DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 55 of 110 First ... 545535455565765105 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi John,

On the player who wants to roll for the Tactics you should find in the Actions Tab this exact action, if you roll it there it should updated the Initiative Mods.

Cheers,
    MBM
    iirc, I did use the the action tab tactics button and thats what brought up “Initiative Modifier of 4 applied to all friendly combatants” in the chat. If I were to roll it from the skills tab I doubt that would appear.

Admittedly I only tested with myself rolling init after tactics, I will check again next game and have other characters roll init as well.

Cheers
    John

Hi MBM, and it did not apply

I just did a test. I clicked on Tactics on the Action tab, used a +4 modifier to get a high result to make it obvious, got an effect of 6, then myself and 2 others rolled initiative and it did not apply the +6 modifier automatically.

Tactics.JPG

John

Johnecc,

From what I have observed, the Tactics action applies to the initiatives when it is rolled, not to future initiatives. Try rolling for initiative, then rolling the Tactics action.

Hmm, okay, I will give that a shot. Though intuitively I would have expected tactics to be needed to be rolled first.

Interesting, I'll see what's up with it when I open up the code later in the week.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallorylover23 View Post
    Characteristic augments are modifying the characteristic DM directly rather than increasing the characteristic base value when equipping an augment. I was noticing that the value wasn't being increased even when the augment was equipped and figured I just needed to increase it manually, which I did. From a 7 to an 8, which should not affect the DM. but when I put the PC into the Party sheet, the DM was a +1 while the value was still being listed as an 8. as soon as i unequipped the augment, the DM went back down to 0.
    Any update on how the Augmentations are currently working, or not?

I've been playing around with them today and it seems that the Characteristic Augments add a + to the linked Characteristic in the Characteristic Status block within the Actions Tab of the PC Sheet, but does not add that + to the Characteristic in the Main Tab. I like that, since it helps keep track of the PCs base Characteristics.

I am noticing that there doesn't seem to be any automation for the Skill Augment. So if I pull a Skill Augment into the PC's equipment, it's just listed as "Skill Augmentation (TL 12). For now, I've been editing that entry to be, for instance; "Skill Augmentation (TL 12) Athletics (dexterity) +1 and then manually entering the +1 into the "Mod" column of the Athletics (dexterity) Skill, in the Skill tab.

Also, any plans to linking a lighting effect to the Enhanced Vision (TL 13) Item, so we don't need to manually add a light effect to the token associated with the character?

Also noting that these Augmentation items only work in the PC sheets. There doesn't seem functionality with NPCs. I have no need to actually add to NPCs per se, just noting it for others. If I've got a modded NPC, say a Cyborg of some kind, I'd just manually increase their Characteristics and add in their notes tab what is Augmented.

Your work on this ruleset is nothing short of stupendous, by the way. Please keep it up.

not sure if this is a bug or just that the book is unfinished.

In the Aliens of Charted Space Vol 1, the Zodani section is incomplete. When you click on the button to bring up the table for skills an training, Mishaps, and Events they are all blank, and the button for the table Psionic Skills is missing in all of the careers. The Agent Career has the assignment Tozjabr and Thought Police, however when looking at the ranks an bonuses section it lists Doctor Skills and Benefits, Researcher Skills and benefits, Technitician Skills and Benefits, Tozjabr Skills and Benefits and Though Police skills and benefits. The Scholar Career has skills and training charts for Colonist, Corporate, and Worker and well as the ones that are truly assignments for that career.

Quote Originally Posted by cdjensen99 View Post
    not sure if this is a bug or just that the book is unfinished.

In the Aliens of Charted Space Vol 1, the Zodani section is incomplete. When you click on the button to bring up the table for skills an training, Mishaps, and Events they are all blank, and the button for the table Psionic Skills is missing in all of the careers. The Agent Career has the assignment Tozjabr and Thought Police, however when looking at the ranks an bonuses section it lists Doctor Skills and Benefits, Researcher Skills and benefits, Technitician Skills and Benefits, Tozjabr Skills and Benefits and Though Police skills and benefits. The Scholar Career has skills and training charts for Colonist, Corporate, and Worker and well as the ones that are truly assignments for that career.
    Hi cdjensen99,

There's an update for Aliens Vol 1 coming in the week that addresses these. GregRex noticed this. Thanks for posting though, reminds me to get it over to SmiteWorks.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Mallorylover23 View Post
    Any update on how the Augmentations are currently working, or not?

I've been playing around with them today and it seems that the Characteristic Augments add a + to the linked Characteristic in the Characteristic Status block within the Actions Tab of the PC Sheet, but does not add that + to the Characteristic in the Main Tab. I like that, since it helps keep track of the PCs base Characteristics.

I am noticing that there doesn't seem to be any automation for the Skill Augment. So if I pull a Skill Augment into the PC's equipment, it's just listed as "Skill Augmentation (TL 12). For now, I've been editing that entry to be, for instance; "Skill Augmentation (TL 12) Athletics (dexterity) +1 and then manually entering the +1 into the "Mod" column of the Athletics (dexterity) Skill, in the Skill tab.

Also, any plans to linking a lighting effect to the Enhanced Vision (TL 13) Item, so we don't need to manually add a light effect to the token associated with the character?

Also noting that these Augmentation items only work in the PC sheets. There doesn't seem functionality with NPCs. I have no need to actually add to NPCs per se, just noting it for others. If I've got a modded NPC, say a Cyborg of some kind, I'd just manually increase their Characteristics and add in their notes tab what is Augmented.

Your work on this ruleset is nothing short of stupendous, by the way. Please keep it up.
    Hi Mallorylover23,

There are plans to expand augmentations. One of the biggest issues to solve is that augmentations are normally just listed in text, they're not an 'effect', so I need to add effects to the core data as we don't want to be adding in text checks, ie if the player has this then add this. That's slow and clunky. It's why skills got the mod column, that's the easiest way to cope with them at the moment.

I'm not sure what you can automate with lighting effects. If you can point out a similar feature in DnD I can see how they do it and see if it'll work for Traveller.

PC's always get things first, NPC's are poor cousins and do get things added over time.

Anyway keep the ideas and suggestions coming, Traveller is very loose, the writers don't think about VTT's, so it's always a challenge to add checks for certain gear etc.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the blazingly fast response. I love the work being done and if there is anything you I can do to help, just ask.

I'm not sure what you can automate with lighting effects. If you can point out a similar feature in DnD I can see how they do it and see if it'll work for Traveller.
    I doubt if you could implement the Enhanced Vision augmentation using lighting effects. It provides IR & Low Light capabilities. There is nothing in DnD like IR, and even though Low Light would seem similar to Darkvision in that both provide a monochrome view, Low Light requires some light at least, it is useless in total dark.

Thread Information